Great Tweet about Bo Scarborough - Retweeted by Retin Obasahan

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think the coaches will try to get the ball to OJ more this season, and for good reason.
While I agree, the fact he was used so sparingly last year set him up to have that huge game against Clemson. Until then, he'd been so under-utilized, or so it seemed.

But can't imagine him not having a pretty huge season...maybe best we've seen for a tight end/hybrid in years!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
While I agree, the fact he was used so sparingly last year set him up to have that huge game against Clemson. Until then, he'd been so under-utilized, or so it seemed.

But can't imagine him not having a pretty huge season...maybe best we've seen for a tight end/hybrid in years!
Having a man that big that runs like a gazelle - it seems criminal to not get the ball to him more..

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Having a man that big that runs like a gazelle - it seems criminal to not get the ball to him more..
I agree. And I think that the fact that he was brought to SEC Media Days is further evidence that the coaching staff want him to become more involved this season. He could have easily made the NFL jump after the NCG. I don't think it would sit right with most if he was persuaded to return and wasn't heavily involved. I also can't remember another time that coach Saban was so adamant that a particular player should have gotten more touches during the season the way he did after the NCG. I hope he has a monster year.

Last edited:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Clearly needs to work on his upper body strength....

I'm not worried about the RB position. I am worried about the O line.

I have been rewatching some of last year's games and I have been surprised to see how often linemen on stunts and (especially) LBs on a blitz would run into DH and end up getting pushed back towards the line of scrimmage. FWIW, I think that is something that the Titans were after. He can help protect MM, who was running for his life most of last year.

I'm excited to see Bo in a feature back role. I hope we have guys who can open running lanes for him. No RB will do well if he is dodging defenders behind the LOS.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Coker improved exponentially from the beginning to the end of the season no doubt. That being said, tight ends aren't typically high on the progression reads. Coupled with the fact that our line struggled and Jake was learning on the job and it's easy to see why his targets were low. He also didn't help his case by dropping a few early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.