If you're having a house built please read this.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The following information was told to me today and I figured I'd pass it on to anyone I knew having a house built. A builder friend of mine who I talk to every few months called me today and said that several months ago a builder friend of his in another state told him of something to look out for in the homes he was building. Supposedly there is a "tradition" for sheet rock crews made up of Mexican workers to leave the homeowner a little hidden "gift" inside the walls covered with sheet rock. It's kind of a way to give a "middle finger" to 'Mericuns. After the sheet rock is finished someone on the crew will take a dump in between walls covered with sheet rock. My builder friend said after he learned of this he made it a point to look out for it in the next home he built. And sure enough someone had taken a dump in between the sheet rock of one of the walls. So, if you're having a house built you may want to speak with your contractor or if you're subcontracting the work out yourself, be aware of this. I have no idea how common this actually is but I now know it does happen.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I did have a crew of hangers get POed at the finisher, who they were subbing under. They took it out on me. They sliced a bunch of Romex and caused me endless problems. If I hadn't done the rough wiring myself, so that I knew where everything was, I probably wouldn't have been able to. Even with that, there was one stubborn problem I only worked out last year - and the original damage was done 30 years ago...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I knew a guy who tended to be a jerk...he worked as a painter for a friend of mine. The other members of the crew he worked with would urinate in the sheet rock mud without him knowing it, and then laugh at him for spending the day finishing the sheet rock surface with urine-based mud. The day he quit the crew, they explained why they had been laughing at him the entire job.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
yesterday a friend told me to be sure not to flash my headlights if someone is driving with their bright headlights on. apparently that is how gang members are picking their targets during their initiations.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.