News Article: Judge frees President Reagan's would-be killer Hinckley

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
(Reuters) - John Hinckley Jr., who wounded U.S. President Ronald Reagan and three other people in a 1981 assassination attempt prompted by his mental illness, should be freed after 35 years and released to live with his mother, a federal judge ruled on Wednesday.

U.S. District Judge Paul Friedman said Hinckley, 61, no longer posed a danger to himself or others and could be released from St. Elizabeth's, a government psychiatric hospital in Washington, as soon as Aug. 5.

Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity in 1982 for the attack on Reagan, which also badly wounded presidential press secretary James Brady, a policeman and a Secret Service agent. Hinckley acted to impress actress Jodie Foster, with whom he was obsessed.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-frees-man-tried-kill-president-reagan-132638726.html?ref=gs

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Maybe they could get him to Philadelphia in time to give a speech tomorrow night...
I don't think they would allow him less than 50ft near Hilliary.

I know it's a part of the arrangement of not to make any contact with her, but I really wonder if Jodie is now going to be against gun control and is building a panic room as well now that he is to be released.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.