NCAA recommends further reduction in contact in football practices

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
At some point they are going to cross a threshold where limiting contact in practice is going to result in an escalation of injuries during the game simply because players won't know how to hit or take hits. Could you imagine a boxer only shadow boxing all the time and then getting in the ring? He would get clobbered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Why don't THEY just eliminate contact during games? I don't think the NCAA will be happy until this happens.

I guess it will become coed football. Wait, I'm sure there will be lots of contact then.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm not a fan of this cause contact in football practice is what truly gets players in game shape & become game ready for the season opener..As long as every school abides by the changes it is what it is though & I have no doubts Coach Saban will adjust "The Process" & adapt Bama Football to the new changes

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
At some point they are going to cross a threshold where limiting contact in practice is going to result in an escalation of injuries during the game simply because players won't know how to hit or take hits. Could you imagine a boxer only shadow boxing all the time and then getting in the ring? He would get clobbered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Bingo. I believe the end result will be more injuries during the season, one reason is less vetting of a players body.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.