CFP moves from NYE

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Re: CFP moves from NYE!

I personally am a huge fan of the move! NYE was rough for me as the first game started while I was still at work, then my fiancé had made plans so I saw a total of about a quarter of the OU vs Clemson game. Luckily I'm with a great girl, because the plans she made involved me watching the Bama game at a friends party. However, had it been anyone but Bama playing I would have missed both games.

It's just too busy of a night for most people, and the majority of people don't have or can't have NYE off. Plus it creates awkward situations when die hard football fans like me are put in the situation of having to potentially choose friends and family or football. Because friends are going to win every time and that means I'm usually pretty grumpy.

Bravo to the CFP committee for not caving to the bullying from the Rose Bowl committee. I applaud them for finding an out of the box solution to the problem.

I liked it being on NYE but you made some good points that show why it should be moved. I agree now. Thanks.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I look at it more like when TV attempted to have Bama change the kickoff time of Homecoming games. Bama told them to go fly a kite initially. Same with the Rose and Sugar. They will probably adjust eventually if they want to be involved in the playoff games. But it will be because they were bullied. They are not the ones doing the bullying. Just as Bama wasn't with the Homecoming thingy.
Excuse me, bullying?

Is there some 'right' of a game to host a football playoff that I missed in Civics class somewhere?

You're using the wrong analogy. Your analogy is a party self-invitation. Problem is that the more precise analogy here is membership in a club. I'm sick and tired of Jim Delaney, the Rose Bowl, AND the Big Ten telling the rest of us what is and isn't. Tell them to go screw themselves and you're putting on the game at the EXACT SAME TIME as the Rose Bowl on another channel.

I suspect the Rose Bowl would then have an offer they couldn't refuse.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Excuse me, bullying?

Is there some 'right' of a game to host a football playoff that I missed in Civics class somewhere?

You're using the wrong analogy. Your analogy is a party self-invitation. Problem is that the more precise analogy here is membership in a club. I'm sick and tired of Jim Delaney, the Rose Bowl, AND the Big Ten telling the rest of us what is and isn't. Tell them to go screw themselves and you're putting on the game at the EXACT SAME TIME as the Rose Bowl on another channel.

I suspect the Rose Bowl would then have an offer they couldn't refuse.
This! There are other Bowls in better, more modern venues.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I'll be honest, I'm TORN on this, okay?

For MY LIFE, this isn't too big a deal EXCEPT for the fact that I missed the first half because it began when I was at work and during my trip home. I'd have been ticked if we had the early game but oh well. I barely paid attention.

I was conflicted because I could have gotten a seat for $85 here to the Michigan State match-up, and I would have - if the DART ran into Arlington. Sorry folks but the last place I want to be is out on the road on New Year's Eve at midnight, which is what would have happened if I'd gone over to Jerry World.

It was REAL fun to watch at home and chill. But I'm single and have no life and couldn't date at the time because of a pending divorce. I suspect the future will be different.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.