CFP moves from NYE

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Honestly the NYE time slot didn't bother me a bit and it gave everyone New Years day, an off day for almost everyone, to sleep in and/or travel back from the game if you got to go.

But I realize it was ultimately about TV viewers and ratings. I'll be watching/going no matter when it is.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I didn't mind it on NYE, but when your ratings drop by over 30% you have to make a change.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Look, I hate to be the downer here but is there not a rule in place about teaser titles? CFP moves from NYE? What kind of crap is that? There is no way to know what that means until you open the thread.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Look, I hate to be the downer here but is there not a rule in place about teaser titles? CFP moves from NYE? What kind of crap is that? There is no way to know what that means until you open the thread.
IHNA how you weren't able to KWTM....CO man.....lol....

It's Friday -- and football is only about 5-6 weeks away.....

IAGBO, Promise ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Really?

This is a football board. CFP is the abbreviation for College Football Playoff. I take for granted CFP to mean that, whether on a football board or somewhere else.

NYE? You can't figure that out?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So you actually thought that it meant that the Certified Financial Planner left Bill NYE....on a football board???

That's not blue font because I seriously cannot believe anyone didn't know what it meant.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: CFP moves from NYE!

Examples of teaser titles relating to this post:

Huge playoff change...

No more New Year's Eve?

Can you believe they did it?!

Not teaser titles:

CFP moves from NYE

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

I personally am a huge fan of the move! NYE was rough for me as the first game started while I was still at work, then my fiancé had made plans so I saw a total of about a quarter of the OU vs Clemson game. Luckily I'm with a great girl, because the plans she made involved me watching the Bama game at a friends party. However, had it been anyone but Bama playing I would have missed both games.

It's just too busy of a night for most people, and the majority of people don't have or can't have NYE off. Plus it creates awkward situations when die hard football fans like me are put in the situation of having to potentially choose friends and family or football. Because friends are going to win every time and that means I'm usually pretty grumpy.

Bravo to the CFP committee for not caving to the bullying from the Rose Bowl committee. I applaud them for finding an out of the box solution to the problem.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

I fail to see where the Rose and Sugar have done any bullying. They have simply stated that THEIR games are at a certain time/date, and if you wish to place your playoff games with us then they will be played on that time/date.

Let's say you have a big party every year at the same time/date. I invite myself one year and the next thing out of my mouth is that you are going to have to change the time/date. :rolleyes: Who's the bully here?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I fail to see where the Rose and Sugar have done any bullying. They have simply stated that THEIR games are at a certain time/date, and if you wish to place your playoff games with us then they will be played on that time/date.

Let's say you have a big party every year at the same time/date. I invite myself one year and the next thing out of my mouth is that you are going to have to change the time/date. :rolleyes: Who's the bully here?
They want to be involved in the playoff, its to their advantage to do so. At the same time they aren't willing to make adjustments other bowls are willing to make. Instead of doing what is best for the playoff they are acting like the Texas Longhorns.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

They want to be involved in the playoff, its to their advantage to do so. At the same time they aren't willing to make adjustments other bowls are willing to make. Instead of doing what is best for the playoff they are acting like the Texas Longhorns.
I look at it more like when TV attempted to have Bama change the kickoff time of Homecoming games. Bama told them to go fly a kite initially. Same with the Rose and Sugar. They will probably adjust eventually if they want to be involved in the playoff games. But it will be because they were bullied. They are not the ones doing the bullying. Just as Bama wasn't with the Homecoming thingy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.