Link: Texas A&M is About to Have to Apologize to the Women

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: Texas A&M is About to Have to Apologize to the Women

What's amazing is the number of TexAgs posters who are suggesting this is just 'overly PC crap' and such. It amazes me that there are people that think this sort of 'humor' (and I use that term loosely) is appropriate. I guess Texans may live in the 'south', but they aren't truly 'Southern'...
There are good posters over there but many have the same immature sense of humor. Both clowns need to be fired and Sumlin suspended for two weeks.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
[emoji15] If my wife attended this & came home & told me about it I would be livid. Just plain disrespectful to other men's wives/significant others which is a major no-no in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I get making some small jokes that might be a tad sexist, but this is way over the top.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

http://espn.go.com/college-football...uspend-assistant-coaches-degrading-slide-show

Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin suspended offensive line coach Jim Turner and special-teams coordinator/tight ends coach Jeff Banks for "degrading comments towards women" that were part of a slideshow that was shown to about 700 attendees in the program's annual "Chalk Talk for Women."

Turner was the Miami Dolphins' offensive line coach during the Jonathan Martin hazing scandal. He was fired by Miami in February 2014 for "poor judgment."
When some here said to fire these guys, my first impression was that this would be harsh for a non-criminal offense. Now I see at least one of these bozos has a history of degrading people, so I wondering if the Aggies wouldn't be better off taking the red flags more seriously.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

http://espn.go.com/college-football...uspend-assistant-coaches-degrading-slide-show

When some here said to fire these guys, my first impression was that this would be harsh for a non-criminal offense. Now I see at least one of these bozos has a history of degrading people, so I wondering if the Aggies wouldn't be better off taking the red flags more seriously.
they need to fire who ever let that coach create any sort of material without supervision

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

This isn't about who let who do what when. It's about a culture

I promise you, a single assistant football coach didn't create, format, then broadcast, a PowerPoint deck like that (in front of a large group of donors, no less) without the help or knowledge of others high levels of the AD.

Looks and reads like a series of jokes emanating from a junior high school locker room. You can almost hear Beavis and Butthead on the soundtrack. No way it goes through the aTm process with several pairs of eyes blessing it.

Good thing for them their team peaked with JFF. Otherwise, they'd be front page news on the NYT. As it is, they're an afterthought, so they skate.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I'm trying to imagine Coach Saban saying, "I didn't know what was in the presentation, I was just signing autographs!" And getting away with it.

Those "jokes" weren't even funny. Just degrading.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
This isn't about who let who do what when. It's about a culture

I promise you, a single assistant football coach didn't create, format, then broadcast, a PowerPoint deck like that (in front of a large group of donors, no less) without the help or knowledge of others high levels of the AD.

Looks and reads like a series of jokes emanating from a junior high school locker room. You can almost hear Beavis and Butthead on the soundtrack. No way it goes through the aTm process with several pairs of eyes blessing it.

Good thing for them their team peaked with JFF. Otherwise, they'd be front page news on the NYT. As it is, they're an afterthought, so they skate.
How are they skating ? Or what would you suggest their punishment should be ?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
They should be fired. If I made a presentation with jokes like that at my job, I would have been fired on the spot.

Shouldn't coaches be held to a higher standard since they are mentoring young adults. If this is how they talk in public, Lord knows what they are saying in the locker room.

People this stupid deserve to get fired. Any of us would have been at our jobs but, politics and coaching seem to be able to get away with much more then us common folk.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I agree these clowns need to be fired. Can you imagine the poop storm that would occur if one of the aTm players is arrested for sexual assault in the near future and they don't release these two now?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
They should be fired. If I made a presentation with jokes like that at my job, I would have been fired on the spot.

Shouldn't coaches be held to a higher standard since they are mentoring young adults. If this is how they talk in public, Lord knows what they are saying in the locker room.

People this stupid deserve to get fired. Any of us would have been at our jobs but, politics and coaching seem to be able to get away with much more then us common folk.
If I had made comments like those when I had my business, I would have fired myself and put Mrs. Reb in charge. If I make comments like those here at home, I better make up a separate bedroom - outside, and prepare to live in it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.