21 On Our `17 Reference Sheet. Chances We Finish Along the O & D Lines?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We aren't finished on either side of the LOS. We can't be because we need the depth, especially on the DL. Remember, we are 6 months away from NSD. Not every single person committed will be a part of this class.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We aren't finished on either side of the LOS. We can't be because we need the depth, especially on the DL. Remember, we are 6 months away from NSD. Not every single person committed will be a part of this class.
Agreed and there are most likely some greyshirt considerations also. There are too many high profile players left and we will take more than 4 which is currently our cap.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Thanks gents. I guess I should know better than to presume we would hold on to everyone we currently have committed. Never works that way.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One guy's opinion on how the class shapes up.

Here.
Not real sure where he gets these numbers.

Alabama should be able to sign 28 recruits in the Class of 2017 now that linebacker Christian Bell has announced his transfer.
I count Alabama with 84 or 85 scholarship players right now. I count 16 guys with one more year of school left on the roster.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
You can pretty much forget Nico. He wants out of the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep and most likely going to Michigan.
Some guys are better off leaving the state, and I don't know if this is the case but the draw of being close to home is bad for some.

I played with a guy, a few years my senior, who went to Alabama with a lot of fanfare. The problem was, he was driving distance from home and the pull of his "boys" and the "fun" they were having was too much. He made it through one year and came home. Never got to burn a redshirt.

Anyway, long story short I wish the kid luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
With Allen and Tomlinson leaving - also Dakota Ball - it looks as though we will have needs on the DL. It will be reeeally helpful if O J Smith and Johnny Dwight make real progress and are solid contributors for rest of the season. Same for King.

Here's hoping for a juco or grad transfer - or two - to provide more developed depth for 2017.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.