2016 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
To you guys that have close knowledge of the practices, I would love to know how BJ is doing. I watched him play my high school for 4 years and met him at the NC/SC Shrine Bowl practices. Really like the kid. Even if it's not "big news" enough for the board thread, I would appreciate it if you would PM me. Thanks!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
All of the defensive backs Alabama signed in its 2016 class are working with the cornerbacks — Jared Mayden, Shyheim Carter and Aaron Robinson. Mayden and Carter appeared to be in the second group behind Marlon Humphrey and Minkah Fitzpatrick. With Maurice Smith gone and Tony Brown suspended, Mayden and Carter could be competing for the starting job at the star position, Alabama’s fifth defensive back in its nickel and dime packages.

This is overlooked by some in the national media about Maurice Smith. He's not lost in the depth chart, he'd practically be a starter as the 3rd CB/5th DB.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
All of the defensive backs Alabama signed in its 2016 class are working with the cornerbacks — Jared Mayden, Shyheim Carter and Aaron Robinson. Mayden and Carter appeared to be in the second group behind Marlon Humphrey and Minkah Fitzpatrick. With Maurice Smith gone and Tony Brown suspended, Mayden and Carter could be competing for the starting job at the star position, Alabama’s fifth defensive back in its nickel and dime packages.

This is overlooked by some in the national media about Maurice Smith. He's not lost in the depth chart, he'd practically be a starter as the 3rd CB/5th DB.
Exactly!

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
To you guys that have close knowledge of the practices, I would love to know how BJ is doing. I watched him play my high school for 4 years and met him at the NC/SC Shrine Bowl practices. Really like the kid. Even if it's not "big news" enough for the board thread, I would appreciate it if you would PM me. Thanks!
Who is BJ?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

That is what puzzles me about the whole Maurice Smith deal. Seems like there must be something deeper there than just playing time. He definitely was not buried in the depth chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Some interesting comments by Kiffin and Pruitt. Worth your time to watch if you have a few minutes..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Kiffin said freshman quarterback Jalen Hurts has a special skill set and that he's excited about Hurts' potential.

Kiffin said Blake Barnett has looked "really good" so far during fall camp. Said he's gotten bigger and stronger. Said the coaches are excited about Barnett's progress and how he's looked early in camp.
Great to hear...especially about Barnett!!!

I didn't watcht the video, but did he not say anything about Bateman???

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Great to hear...especially about Barnett!!!

I didn't watcht the video, but did he not say anything about Bateman???
Nothing about Bateman or Cornwell. Then again nobody really asked about Bateman or Cornwell. Spoke about Barnett and Hurts when answering a question about them..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Hurts TD pass to Ridley but followed that with a bad interception. Keith Holcombe picked off Hurts as Hurts tried to force it into double coverage.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Bateman has looked decent in the practice.. made several touchdown throws to Howard and Ridley.
Barnett and Hurt has looked impressive at times.
Stewart and Ridley are fielding kickoffs.
Robert Foster are looking impressive today. Could have a huge special year if he doesn't get hurt again.

BJ Emmons and Joshua Jacob isn't afraid of contacts.

Interesting combinations when it comes to Nickel and Dime formation. Mayden, Carter, etc.

FYI: This just in: Marq Burnett@Marq_Burnett 45s45 seconds ago
Blake Barnett just dropped a dime to Trevon Diggs for a TD. Went right over Tony Brown's arm.

For more to follow:
https://twitter.com/Marq_Burnett
https://twitter.com/Charlie_Potter

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
RTR91, I haven't heard much about defense at all. Did they make plays? Forced fumbles, ints, pressuring the QB? Also, anything we need to know about the running game as a whole?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.