2016 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I'll admit after reading this the first time, I was not exactly happy. The offense scares me a bit and I was very concerned when he said none of the QB's looked particularly good. After re-reading it this morning, I feel a little bit better. Having watched Alabama football my entire life I have come to understand the true meaning of "Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships." Each year Alabama has had a shut down defense, they have been in the hunt for a conference/ national championship. I'm hoping that trend continues.

I'm hoping that the offense has enough cohesion and is playing with confidence by Sept. 3.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If Raekwon can`t play, IMHO that really smarts. Have not heard that any of the other young D linemen have been tearing it up.
Preston Gothard was on the Montgomery sports show yesterday and said he was told Terrell Hall showed out this past Saturday.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I'll admit after reading this the first time, I was not exactly happy. The offense scares me a bit and I was very concerned when he said none of the QB's looked particularly good. After re-reading it this morning, I feel a little bit better. Having watched Alabama football my entire life I have come to understand the true meaning of "Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships." Each year Alabama has had a shut down defense, they have been in the hunt for a conference/ national championship. I'm hoping that trend continues.

I'm hoping that the offense has enough cohesion and is playing with confidence by Sept. 3.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
This post got me thinking. I too was concerned about the offense the first time I read the article. After seeing this post this morning it occurred to me that no offense has moved the ball well on Alabama's defense in years, why would Alabama's offense be any different? I would like to hear how they fare against the scout team since Bama's scout team is probably more loaded than most teams outside the top 30 or 40 teams in the country.

I've been watching the replays of last year and I think some (not Bama fans of course) have forgotten how dang good Robert Foster looked. He was tearing it up. Ardarius was in full beast mode by the end of the year and now adding Dieter to Ridley. Those are going to be the 4 horsemen on the fly. BTW I've not even mentioned OJ. If we get the OL established any of the QBs will have weapons galore. Can't wait to see what CLK has in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Cam Sims can stay healthy he's another to look out for.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Preston Gothard was on the Montgomery sports show yesterday and said he was told Terrell Hall showed out this past Saturday.
Interesting. After I wrote what I did, I thought about Hall and thought I remembered him being mentioned as doing well and coming on. Sure hope so. We`ll need him to grow up fast if Davis indeed does not qualify.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I really hope Griffith heals up and gets his stuff together.
I don't understand how he keeps hurting himself.

I was the placekicker back when I played FB (didn't really have the build for any other position, 5'8 170ish, more of a baseball guy) and my Uncle was a kicker in high-school and we can't figure out how he keeps winding up injured. Some people are just prone to injury but kicking is "relatively" low-impact, especially if you are stretching properly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.