2016 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Bateman had the worst day statistically but he didn't perform terribly from what has been said.

I don't think we're in a risky, murky QB battle here. Bateman and Barnett have performed about like you'd hope the experienced would and Hurts has been a true revelation for the players and staff.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Bateman had the worst day statistically but he didn't perform terribly from what has been said.

I don't think we're in a risky, murky QB battle here. Bateman and Barnett have performed about like you'd hope the experienced would and Hurts has been a true revelation for the players and staff.
Just asking, do you feel Hurts might be the starter? It seems from everything I read, he is the real deal... minus the experience. If Hurts wins the team over, I wonder if he starts?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Just asking, do you feel Hurts might be the starter? It seems from everything I read, he is the real deal... minus the experience. If Hurts wins the team over, I wonder if he starts?
I wouldn't be surprised if he was, nor if he wasn't at this juncture. The hype seems very much real and we've all seen it first hand in the Spring game. He's a different sorta cat than we've had at QB in a long time.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Who would've thought it possible, a true freshman as the starting Alabama QB? It's not an outside chance any longer. This could really happen. His dual threat abilities make for some exciting possibilities with the offense. If Hurts can limit mistakes, take care of the ball, I believe his ability to create plays and produce would be to great to ignore.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We've been fine at QB under Saban but I'd argue that we've never had a QB quite like a Mark Ingram at tailback or CJ Mosley at LB or Amari Cooper at WR. So we're in uncharted territory for how a QB battle looks when you have a young man who is special talent. Hurts may be the closest we've had to that kind of player and he's arrived at a perfect time to interject in the starter discussion. Saban seems to stick with incumbents but when it is open then everyone gets a shot.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
We've been fine at QB under Saban but I'd argue that we've never had a QB quite like a Mark Ingram at tailback or CJ Mosley at LB or Amari Cooper at WR. So we're in uncharted territory for how a QB battle looks when you have a young man who is special talent. Hurts may be the closest we've had to that kind of player and he's arrived at a perfect time to interject in the starter discussion. Saban seems to stick with incumbents but when it is open then everyone gets a shot.
Walter Lewis, Kenny Stabler, Joe Namath....all in their days at Alabama very special talents. It has been a long time, though.

I, too, think we will be fine.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Monday, August 15 morning practice reports

BOL

Al.com
I'm little surprised to see that the QB rotation hasn't changed... especially if they wanted to narrow the QB competition down, but who knows? Like I said in other thread, Bateman probably has the job, but its his to lose and it's getting harder each week. now, the CBs, I found it interesting theyre still doing the mix and match of CBs and maybe that tells me we may see something different this year we may see little more rotation system? Or what?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Monday, August 15 morning practice reports

BOL

Al.com
Great to see Joe Pendry still with the program and contributing. Pretty fair country O line coach in his time and apparently rather revered around the program. The article seems to indicate that he has CNS`s ear when it comes to aspects of the offense.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Great to see Joe Pendry still with the program and contributing. Pretty fair country O line coach in his time and apparently rather revered around the program. The article seems to indicate that he has CNS`s ear when it comes to aspects of the offense.
Coach Pendry is the best and so invaluable behind the scenes in Tuscaloosa. Just saw him last week. Most of us have no idea how important his role is on the staff. Coach Saban puts a lot of trust in Coach Pendry. Not that it matters come game time, but he's one of the nicest men you'll ever meet. :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm little surprised to see that the QB rotation hasn't changed... especially if they wanted to narrow the QB competition down, but who knows? Like I said in other thread, Bateman probably has the job, but its his to lose and it's getting harder each week. now, the CBs, I found it interesting theyre still doing the mix and match of CBs and maybe that tells me we may see something different this year we may see little more rotation system? Or what?
This is typical during camp at most positions. Don't think we will see anything different and our top 6 will be tough to beat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.