2016 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I'm sure old man Earl isn't going to like this but Saban knows what is best

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Wednesday, August 17 practice report

BOL

Al.com
It's interesting to me that all the media viewing periods in the last few days has focused on the defense.

Makes me think CNS and CLK aren't doing anything with the offense during the media period to indicate any qb order or offensive direction.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thursday, August 18 practice reports

BOL

Alabama appeared to try something new during its dime drill today with linebacker Rashaan Evans seeing some reps at Money. He shadowed Ronnie Harrison, who played the position a season ago, with the first group.
Al.com

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Evans is so fast, I'm surprised that hasn't been tried before. Love the idea.

Agree - if he can learn money in dime and will in nickel we could collapse the coverage packages into the same personnel grouping to give us an incredible amount of flexibility.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Evans is so fast, I'm surprised that hasn't been tried before. Love the idea.
Didn't the barn recruit him for that position and he didn't want to play it and that is one of the reasons he came to Bama? I could be incorrect but I believe I remember reading that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Didn't the barn recruit him for that position and he didn't want to play it and that is one of the reasons he came to Bama? I could be incorrect but I believe I remember reading that.
Yes and no.

Ellis tried to sell him on being solely a LB/S hybrid. Alabama sold him on getting to the NFL as a pure OLB. I believe gilbert's post is what the coaches are thinking. Alabama wouldn't have to worry about changing personnel if he learned the position. Go from Nickel to Dime without rotating players and getting caught in getting guys on and off the field during a hurry up situation.

Agree - if he can learn money in dime and will in nickel we could collapse the coverage packages into the same personnel grouping to give us an incredible amount of flexibility.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Yes and no.

Ellis tried to sell him on being solely a LB/S hybrid. Alabama sold him on getting to the NFL as a pure OLB. I believe gilbert's post is what the coaches are thinking. Alabama wouldn't have to worry about changing personnel if he learned the position. Go from Nickel to Dime without rotating players and getting caught in getting guys on and off the field during a hurry up situation.
yep - that's the drawback of having the 4-2-5 be your base. you've got a position that's hard to recruit top talent to since that position doesn't translate to the NFL that well. We've tended to play guys not only at the star, but also have them shift out to CB or back to S so the scouts see they can do both and be a better fit for NFL schemes. A guy that is a pure star in the Ellis scheme might not translate well into an NFL role. I could see that changing over time but it's the current state.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Going to be interesting to see where the reps are allocated going forward if
Hurts has another impressive showing

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Scrimmage was delayed for weather but the players are now back on the field. Scrimmage starting soon..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.