Link: Bama ranked #1 in Preseason Coaches Poll

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I never heard of her.

But she is mocking the pick by saying we won last year and we have Nick Saban. Those are two pretty good reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I too do not understand the love for Tennessee but they are getting a lot of hype. Also I'd vote TCU a little higher because the had a lot of injuries on that team last year. All in all it's a pretty good poll Imo.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Seriously, Tennessee, Iowa and Houston ranked ahead of Georgia? Based on past four years performance and recruiting it should be Georgia (5), Tennessee (12), Iowa (28) and Houston (34). In other words Iowa and Houston should not be ranked.

If Georgia were a 1 point dog against Tennessee, Iowa and Houston who would you bet on?

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Seriously, Tennessee, Iowa and Houston ranked ahead of Alabama? Based on past four years performance and recruiting it should be Georgia (5), Tennessee (12), Iowa (28) and Houston (34). In other words Iowa and Houston should not be ranked.

If Georgia were a 1 point dog against Tennessee, Iowa and Houston who would you bet on?
I'm not following what you are trying to say? None of those teams are ranked ahead of Bama? Plus why shouldn't Iowa who was 12-2 last year finishing #10 and Houston who was 13-1 finishing #8 not even be ranked? Tennessee is overrated sure. I wouldn't put stock in UGA either though....they underachieve every year and now have a first year coach. So yeah I'm not understanding your points here.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
You didn't understand my post for two reasons. First I meant they were ranked ahead of Georgia but instead put Bama. Secondly, I said the AVERAGE of the past four years, not last years record. I have changed the Bama to Georgia. I would take Georgia even against Iowa, Houston or Tennessee.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I was surprised that Bama was ahead of Clemson because Clemson has Watson and a lot of talent returning around him. As it has been for the last 3 years, we are looking for a starting QB. Hopefully, if its Barnett or whomever, we get the same result -- i.e. #17.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.