Where is the former staff??

rolltydebb

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 10, 2002
tuscaloosa, al USA
Anyone know if/where the former staff landed?

I'm sure Gaspard and Phillips would take time away and wouldn't surprise if either never coached again. Phillips especially. The job was handed to him, and I would envision he'd have a to take a major step down to even get a job. Mitch could land an assistant job somewhat easy I would think

What about Dax? He was the one I thought would be the most marketable of the staff.

Just curious.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Glad he is not at BAMA but, happy for Dax and his family. Think he will be a good pitching coach for FIU.
Well, I look at it like this: when he was our hitting coach, we were top 5 in SEC in overall hitting. When he got moved to pitching coach we then moved into the top 5 overall there too. A guy that can do that is special. Most can't as they specialize in 1 area.

But, not arguing, a clean slate on the coaching staff was probably the best route to go.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Well, I look at it like this: when he was our hitting coach, we were top 5 in SEC in overall hitting. When he got moved to pitching coach we then moved into the top 5 overall there too. A guy that can do that is special. Most can't as they specialize in 1 area.

But, not arguing, a clean slate on the coaching staff was probably the best route to go.
I don't see how Dax could have been retained without there being some issues. Someone like Peanut, yeah. But not a long-time 'coordinator'.

rtr

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A new coach should hire his own staff no matter how good one member of the old regime might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.