Link: Most overrated teams in the 2016 preseason Coaches Poll

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
What a stupid sportswriter. Oh, where to begin. Now, the sportswriter is dealing mostly with his opinions and I am correcting him with FACTS.

1. No Tom, preseason polls are not idiotic. Drawing 25 teams out of a hat would be idiotic. The first you draw would be number 1 and so on. Listing your favorite 25 teams in order and not putting the teams you hate in the ranking.....that too would be idiotic.

2. Preseason polls are idiotic because none of the team have played a single down yet. No, Tom. No, no, no Tom. No. Kansas and Alabama should not start out ranked the same. No, no, no. Your personal poll would have Kansas, Tulane, Alabama and Clemson all ranked the same. Tom, listen closely, that would be idiotic. I won't even bother to list all the facts on this one, just trust me.

3. Ohio State #5. Oh, Tom! At least you admit you are nitpicking on this one. You don't think they deserve be #5 but you then say you don't see anyone below them you would rank above them. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I see your point though. Next year UAB SHOULD START OUT EQUAL WITH ALABAMA, CLEMSON AND ETC. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

4. USC has a number 8 average recruiting ranking over the past four years. That is a fact. Here is an opinion to ice the fact: USC just got rid of a mental case HC. Now, Tom, this could lead to a good season for them.

5. LSU. I will make this short. You say Ole Miss should be ranked ahead of LSU cause they beat them last year? Well, you should have Old Miss ranked ahead of Alabama too. Right?

6. Washington. Not going to waste my time arguing over a number 18 rank. You get a pass here.

7. I think I agree with you on Tennessee. They do have an average recruit rank of 12 over the past four years, so yes, being ranked 10 is a bit high. Tennessee has all those players back though, so I can see them getting a high ranking. I don't agree with top ten but at least top 20. We can call this one a tie if you like.

Goodbye Tom, have a nice season worrying yourself to death that the preseason ranking will screw the team out of the playoff that should be there. Like Auburn last year. They started out ranked in the Top three. You see, Tom, that really didn't help them, did it?

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He said Ohio State will win the Big Ten but they are overrated at #5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.