JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
2016 Previews: Rating the units of SEC teams
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
August 8th, 2016 01:50 AM

2016 Previews: Rating the Units By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief While college football might be a numbers game to some, putting objective numbers down to predict a team’s chances in the upcoming season can be a challenge – some say impossible. The system we present to you tries to do the impossible. What follows is […]

Read More Here

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I like this new format a lot better than the old. Thanks for the improvement. This year most people have Tennessee winning the East and even somewhat likely the SEC. If that is the case they Butch Jones deserves Coach Of The Year for taking less talent and turning them into the best.

I am curious as to how the unit ranking are compared. Does the DL, for example, use stats from sacks, yards lost or gained and so forth or is it an opinion like the polls are?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Very interesting read Jess, thank you! It seems every year the vomiteers claim they are back and this would seem to back up the hype. I still don't buy it though. Yea, we eeked by them last year at home but I still think FLA and UGA are the teams to beat in the East. That is probably my crimson glasses and negative rockyslop bias but I remain consistent for the greater good.:cool:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If we are 5th in QB in the conference. The SEC may have a tough year.....

To me that's this is the scariest position we've been in regarding QB and RB. Cooker had confidence issues but could sail a ball downfield. I worry about Batemans ability to do that.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If we are 5th in QB in the conference. The SEC may have a tough year.....

To me that's this is the scariest position we've been in regarding QB and RB. Cooker had confidence issues but could sail a ball downfield. I worry about Batemans ability to do that.
We are 5th because we will be starting an unknown. Fact is that ANY of the QBs we field will have success because Lane will adapt the offense to our team and our team around the QB is just about as stacked with talent as any college football team in history of the sport.

Last edited:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I honestly don't think there's three DLs better than ours in the SEC. I doubt there's even one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.