Video captures rollover crash caused by tailgating

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
A longer version.....

(from the video page):
Dragoon, Arizona: a female driver walked out unhurt after a terrifying rollover crash on Interstate 10 in Cochise County on August 3. A dash cam recorded the 23-year-old Briana Disaia's car swerve to avoid a mattress lying on the road. The woman's out-of-control Ford hit a truck, crashed into rocks and rolled over. The tailgating motorist was saved by wearing seat belt and escaped from the ruined vehicle on her own.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i hate tailgaters. they are horrible in atlanta. lucky for me, i rarely have to drive on the interstates anymore

it also amazes me that folks do not realize how quickly a vehicle traveling at interstate speeds can get out of control from something as simple as a little swerve.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Was the driver flashing her lights at the car in front of her or was she constantly hitting her brakes? The center brake light was not lighting up so I'm thinking she was flashing. If so, what a jerk; the truck ahead of her was passing a slower vehicle so it was not a time to flash lights for the other driver to move over.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
About 20 years or so ago, I was heading down to T-Town for a professional meeting. Around 25 miles or so out, a little compact car, Dart or similar, caught up with me and started a pattern. He would drive up to with a few feet and then he'd drop way back. I cut about 10 mph or so off my speed, to let him around, but it didn't help. Finally, he came roaring up and pulled out to pass. In the mirror, it looked as if he were going to hit my left rear end. I hit my brakes and headed for the shoulder. It looked like he hit his brakes at that point because his front end dove. It appeared that his left front brake must have grabbed because the bumper on that side went down faster and lower than the right, almost to the pavement, and that started a series of S-skids. He went all the way over into the median and then back across, the drop being considerable on the right around there. When he went off the right embankment, he rolled several times at high speed, just like the OP clip. I stopped and backed up down the shoulder, thinking he had to be dead. When I reached the car, it had come to rest upright, with the driver side window smashed out. He looked up at me and asked me, in a thick Scottish brogue, why I'd jammed my brakes on. Once I saw he was safe, I lost it. I'm embarrassed when I think of what I said and how I acted. I think I threatened to strangle him if he got out of the car. He looked scared. It turned out that he was a salesman and, according to him at least, had never had a wreck in 40 years on the road (hard to believe). Because I'm soft-hearted, I ended up staying with him until the troopers arrived, about 45 minutes, and gave him a ride on into T-Town. Right after the crash and after my outburst, a man sidled up to me and gave me his card. He was a Texas gas field man, working in west Alabama north of there. If told me that, if it went to court, or became disputed, to let him know and he'd be happy to be a witness. He said the Scot had been doing the same thing to him for about five miles before he passed him and started tailgating me. I just can't understand tailgating on a multi-lane road...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.