I'd sure feel a lot better about the 2016 season if only (Adam Griffith thread)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I was there too. The kick was so bad on contact that I didn't even watch it, so sure was I that it was no good. I only knew we'd won about 10 seconds later.
Same here. Even on my way to the parking lot, I was like, "How was that GOOD?"

As for Texas Tech fans, Texans don't call them Sand Aggies for no reason...

One of my favorite memories was walking out of the stadium and seeing all the Tech fans wearing those shirts with the slogan, "We Score: A Lot." Hell, they had ten points and SEVEN of those they got in the final 3 minutes with their backup QB (Graham Harrell). But part of the reason I also knew that Texas had a REAL shot at beating USC is that they held Tech to 17 points, meaning they WERE a pretty good defense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was there too. The kick was so bad on contact that I didn't even watch it, so sure was I that it was no good. I only knew we'd won about 10 seconds later.

As for Texas Tech fans, Texans don't call them Sand Aggies for no reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember watching the kick and saying "Well, over time it is..... Wait. The official just raised his arms! It's good?!"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was at that game, and we weren't sure whether it was good or not. Bizarre kick.

And I learned Texas Tech were some of the dumbest fans on the planet. They thought every single incomplete pass was a defensive PI on our guys. SERIOUSLY. Every single pass play there were Tech fans in the stands calling for a flag on us for DPI.
I've found that all of the pass-happy teams' fans are like that. They basically feel it's cheating if their receivers are not just allowed to run free without being defended...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've found that all of the pass-happy teams' fans are like that. They basically feel it's cheating if their receivers are not just allowed to run free without being defended...
There was a Tide fan behind me (and in all seriousness, he looked like Bama In Boston, who I met a few years back), and we were discussing it during the game. We were in a section with A LOT of Tech fans and every single play they missed the completion, there'd be a ton of booing and hissing and "come on, ref!" I think there were maybe TWO plays where we thought it could have been PI on our guys, and even those were judgment calls.

I just looked at the stats and they were 16 for 36 with zero picks, so that means they threw TWENTY incomplete passes.

But yeah, they spent the entire game whining about the pass coverage; I'm sure if you asked any of their fans even today they'd insist they only lost because the refs were in Alabama's back pocket.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I was at the opposite end of the field from the kick, seated low. I was sure the kick was no good and was staring down at my shoes for a moment before I heard delayed cheering and someone said, "That was good?"
I will say that when TT finally did score, it was bam-bam, pretty impressive that one quick series.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Not Adam Griffith. 2016 season related, though:

More uncertainty than any season since Sabans' first. Long time coordinator Smart leaves, Tucker joins him. Long time Def Line coach Davis departs after spring drills. Players in line for playing time transferring during fall practices or soon before. Not as much experienced depth as we got accustomed to/spoiled by.

Lots of uncertainty on the side of the ball that sets the tone for our team. Would feel better about it with Smart, Tucker, or Davis still with us. Sure, we have talented players and could not have done better than Pruitt as a replacement for Smart. Still wish Tucker and Davis were providing continuity. Wish Smart and Sheffield were still on the team with heads straight. Also hope R Davis is clear soon. Today would be good. :)

There is also unaccustomed unease with the running back position. Talent? Sure. A big part of it has not made it through a full season even in a supporting role. though.

Sky falling . . Panic? Heck no. Will admit to being far less confident and more unsettled than the recent past.

Thanks for the therapy session. :biggrin2: Rooooooll Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.