Latest Bama News 8/15/2016 Thru 8/21/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
[FONT=&quot]USC vs. Alabama does not get College Gameday-247/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the iconic show announced it will would NOT be in Arlington on Sept. 3 to see the Trojans and Tide, opting to cover LSU vs. Wisconsin at Lambeau Field (which some thought would be the favorite). Prior to choosing Lambeau Field, College GameDay had done four of the last five Cowboy Classics (now the AdvoCare Classic) as its first game.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]And, they're not coming. Too bad the crew chose a very lopsided game, especially with USC-Bama, Ole Miss-FSU, and Texas-Notre Dame all available: The Badgers have lost a metric ton of talent, including their defensive coordinator. I would expect something just as gruesome as last year's Alabama-Wisconsin matchup, particularly since LSU traditionally gets out of the blocks so fast under Miles. As an aside, as cool as it is for these guys to play at Lambeau, imagine how much cooler these games would have been at Camp Randall, or Death Valley, or Bryant Denny Stadium?[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
[FONT=&quot]USC Trojans Football 2016: Back to business after a dose of reality - Conquest Chronicles/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coach Helton was asked about the quarterback position. Helton said he is staying up late at night meticulously reviewing film and checking the numbers in order to make an educated decision. Helton’s self imposed deadline of naming the starting quarterback is rapidly approaching. Helton plans to announce his quarterback decision by the end of the week.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]We know it's going to be Max Browne; he knows it's going to be Max Browne.[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Closer look at the numbers from USC's Colisieum practice-247/rbr
The QBs Max Browne: 7-for-14, 65 yards (9.3 yards per completion), 1 TD, 3 INTs Best Throw: During his two-minute drive, Browne hit De' Quan Hampton for a first down throw on third and two. It was his final completion in a 4-for-4 and a great bounce back from a tough start. Worst Throw: Browne's worst throw was easily his pick-6 to Adoree' Jackson. I don't recall who he was throwing to but it appeared to be an out route to the sideline. But the throw was way too wide and he might not have been see No. 2 there.
rbr op Adoree' Jackson legitimately terrifies me. I don't think there's been a more naturally gifted at every position he so chooses, since Reggie Bush. I hate that Alabama missed out on him, and I hate even more the thought of Bateman or a freshman throwing to his side. Not like the other side is much better: Iman Marshall is a legit pro-prospect and All-PAC 12 type corner. Did I mention the safeties are excellent too? This will be the most talented secondary Alabama faces this season (and certainly the most polished one,) perhaps aside from the raw talent at Texas A&M or LSU.

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
[FONT=&quot]Hegemons gonna' hegemon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Larger than life coaches, predictable powers dominate 1970s-ap/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the 1970s, college football was pretty predictable and coaches were larger than life. The Bear was at 'Bama and JoePa was the man in Happy Valley. The Big Ten actually had 10 teams and the best of them was always coached by Woody or Bo. There was a conference called the Big Eight that was dominated by the Big Two and brash Barry almost always got the best of stoic Dr. Tom when Oklahoma played Nebraska. With Hall of Fame coaches at the helm of many of college football's most successful programs, identifying the best teams in the country during the '70s did not take a ton of searching for voters in The Associated Press poll.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]Seven teams comprised 90% of the Top 10 polls throughout the 70s. That said, we're not too far off of that now. It's always been a sport for titans.[/FONT]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.