Latest Bama News 8/15/2016 Thru 8/21/2016

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Took my daughters today to the United Way to help folks. It was so touching to see the heart and charity of others. After about six hours there's only so much the heart can take.

Thank you to everyone that's donated. Some truly amazing people in this world. We loaded 6 24 foot trucks with water, baby supplies, cleaning kits, socks, food. There were about 200 high school kids volunteering. None complained....worked like champions. Maybe this next Generation Z will save us from ourselves. I saw some amazing kids today. Thank you for listening to me ramble....I've seen so much humanity this week.....it surprised me that there was that much left.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Took my daughters today to the United Way to help folks. It was so touching to see the heart and charity of others. After about six hours there's only so much the heart can take.

Thank you to everyone that's donated. Some truly amazing people in this world. We loaded 6 24 foot trucks with water, baby supplies, cleaning kits, socks, food. There were about 200 high school kids volunteering. None complained....worked like champions. Maybe this next Generation Z will save us from ourselves. I saw some amazing kids today. Thank you for listening to me ramble....I've seen so much humanity this week.....it surprised me that there was that much left.
Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you and all those impacted by this event

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you and all those impacted by this event
With so much "ugly" in the world over the past few years....I've loved seeing everyone come together to help. You know....I hate that it takes a tragedy to make us all think about people as Human. When you are sitting there helping load a truck and a pickup comes by with 8 people who've been rescued sitting in the back -- and there's a black guy driving the truck with an asian guy. And there's a white guy helping an older black lady and a white man step down out of the truck bed.....and a high school kid from the Middle East is bringing them a bottle of water.....and a sandwich.....and everyone is saying "Thank you" and "God Bless" and "I'm sorry" -- and you've seen more hugs in one afternoon than you've seen the past year.....it touches you man....it really does.

Thank you for your kind words....Cajuns are tough (even the adopted Cajuns) -- We'll make it though....stronger than ever.

Roll Tide from Cajun County....

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

[FONT=&quot]Alabama practice report: Notes on secondary and more as Tide moves inside-seccountry/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The most interesting note out of Thursday's practice was a move at secondary. We saw Rashaan Evans shadowing Ronnie Harrison at the money position when Alabama was working on its dime package. Getting Evans experience at the money spot would essentially allow the defense to switch from nickel to dime if opponents go hurry-up and try to spread Alabama out. Evans will likely play inside linebacker in nickel next to Reuben Foster.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The "Money" position is Alabama's name for the dime back. With only one true LB on the field, you need someone at this position who can capably play the run as well as the pass. Usually, this is a role for the #3 safety, i.e. Ronnie Harrison in 2015. At practice yesterday, LB Rashaan Evans was seen working at the position.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]matching up on the bigger slot receiver. Evans will already be on the field with Foster in nickel this season, so this allows him to simply change roles in response to all personnel groupings. At six-foot-three and 230 pounds with reported 4.6 speed, Evans is a reasonably similar athlete to Landon Collins, who goes 225 at three inches shorter in height and ran a 4.53 at the Combine.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cue the Chicken Littles: "The safeties are so bad they're having to try linebackers back there, Pawwwllll."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In reality, this is just diabolical. As I mentioned yesterday, the staff often takes advantage of the elite athleticism at linebacker to stay in nickel when many others would go to dime. Take a look at this cap from Starkville last season:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I caught it here so that you can see the numbers of Reggie Ragland and Reuben Foster. The Bulldogs are in 10 personnel, and Alabama is perfectly comfortable with Foster [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As LBs get lighter in adjustment to a faster, more space-oriented game, the line between LBs and safeties gets blurry. Teaching a player of Rashaan's build and skill-set both positions will only aid the team and make him a better NFL prospect.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Imagine the possibilities here. Last pre-season we discussed the challenge that Alabama's re-vamped secondary would pose to opposing QBs as Minkah Fitzpatrick, Ronnie Harrison, and Eddie Jackson could routinely shift from safety to slot corner, making it difficult to know who the safeties and robbers were going to be in zone coverages. With Harrison often matched up in the slot and Minkah at Star, this now puts four versatile players on the field in the linebacker area who are all excellent pass rushers, capable of playing the run and dropping into coverage. The options are endless should Pruitt decide to dial up something exotic. This is why guys with the rare combination of size and athleticism of an Evans or Foster get five-star ratings by the services. Five-star freshman LB Lyndell Wilson is already cross training at Money on the second team as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burnett also notes that Ronnie Clark has overcome an achilles injury and is able to practice, a surprise and welcome development. Nigel Knott, Derrick Gore, and Richie Petitbon all rejoined the team as well, though Dalvin Tomlinson is still sitting with a sprained ankle. Hopefully the big fella gets better soon. rbr op[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
[FONT=&quot]A day in the life of Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin and the defending champion Crimson Tide - ABC News[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Hey, I hate losing, and when we lose, I'm miserable,'' says Saban. "I have a harder time over relationship-type issues than I do actual losses on the field. It's tough to lose, but I'm technical when we lose. I'm not emotional, but technical in terms of what didn't we do. But I'm that way when we win. "I know I get criticized for that. Everybody says, 'He just won 31-3. What's he complaining about?' But it goes back to the inner scoreboard versus the outer scoreboard. Which one is more important? If you're going to accomplish your goals, it's always the inner scoreboard."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
rbr opThis is a great read that covers both the human and business sides of Saban. He also talks about losing sleep over the Maurice Smith saga.
[/FONT]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.