Science Declares - There is Life after Death - Consciousness Continues for 3 Minutes

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
But we've actually known that for quite some time, which is why I said the length of time in regard to consciousness is a significant find. Thing is, useful consciousness was measured in seconds in the rare instance that the patient did not lose consciousness instantaneously. This study shows that is apparently longer in some instances.
I've always wondered how odd it might be to be beheaded - for a few seconds (now who knows, maybe a few minutes?) the brain would continue to function. How bizarre!

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
It would be a very short duration. The loss of blood pressure would be nearly instantaneous. At most, 15 seconds. Probably more on the order of 2-3.
Quasi-scientific to the point of being almost anecdotal, but this is the most famous 'experiment' in this field:

LINK

At 5:30 a.m. this date in 1905, a murderer named Languille lost his head on the guillotine in Orleans.
Some thirty seconds later, he finally lost his life — or so suggests the account of an eyewitness who conducted upon Languille’s head one of the most renowned execution experiments in history in pursuit of that timeless question whether a decapitated head survives.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I am very familiar with the story of poor Languille. I have a morbidly curious side myself. :biggrin:

Still, just an anecdote. By nature, not something you can test with clinical trials. Maybe I'll walk over to UAB at lunch and see if I can get some of the residents to volunteer for one. Don't think I'll have many takers, I'm afraid.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I am very familiar with the story of poor Languille. I have a morbidly curious side myself. :biggrin:

Still, just an anecdote. By nature, not something you can test with clinical trials. Maybe I'll walk over to UAB at lunch and see if I can get some of the residents to volunteer for one. Don't think I'll have many takers, I'm afraid.
Maybe when their football program gets shut down again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.