What's Up With Kendall Sheffield? (UPDATE: Reportedly Transferring)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: What's Up With Kendall Sheffield? (Posts from Practice Thread)

Current talk is he'll transfer to Blinn College in Kansas (yeah, the one where Cam played).
Sounds like he wants to use JUCO to keep on practicing and transfer to an SEC school to subvert the SEC limitation on his release.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Sounds like he wants to use JUCO to keep on practicing and transfer to an SEC school to subvert the SEC limitation on his release.
He'll be at aTm when all is said and done.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Current talk is he'll transfer to Blinn College in Kansas (yeah, the one where Cam played).
Blinn is in Brenham TX. An hour from Houston, 30 min from TAMU. Its a TAMU feeder school. I'm sure Sumlin promised his dad...oh wait, we know how well Sumlin's promises work out.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Probably not a bad idea for him to hide away at Blinn College. If things go poorly for Aggy, there could be a regime change.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Well, I must say this kind of stinks.

Looks like the feudal warlords have gotten together and decided the best way to overthrow the king is to poach away some of his better foot soldiers. If this trail ends at Texas A&M, you can be pretty sure Sumlin was in the dads ear.

Risky to promise or guarantee a position or playing time, rather than the opportunity to earn it

Edit - let me say Sumlin OR Aggie boosters resorting to nefarious tactics of yesteryear

Last edited:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Blinn is in Brenham TX. An hour from Houston, 30 min from TAMU. Its a TAMU feeder school. I'm sure Sumlin promised his dad...oh wait, we know how well Sumlin's promises work out.
Sumlin is a master of sowing discord. Usually it's to his own team's chemistry. But hey, he's innovating and expanding. He and Kirby are forging a new market in destroying the other team's chemistry.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Sumlin is a master of sowing discord. Usually it's to his own team's chemistry. But hey, he's innovating and expanding. He and Kirby are forging a new market in destroying the other team's chemistry.
They are going to wish they had never poked the bear (well, the 2nd coming of the Bear anyway).

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
That's really disappointing news...we are going to be much younger and thin at CB then I thought we would going into the summer.

Thank goodness for guys like Hump that can take a shirt and stay the course.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Ok so this makes the CB depth look like what? I'll take a stab.

Starters - Hump, Averett
Nickel - Fitz
Dime/others - TB, Mayden, and Carter

Thoughts?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I'm with all the others in saying this just doesn't make sense. Blinn over alabama? He gets best coaching, best facilities, best opportunity for championships, and best everything else and he wants Blinn?

I hope the team puts their head down, moves on, and just competes. I'm glad these guys are gone if their reasons are what they appear.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm with all the others in saying this just doesn't make sense. Blinn over alabama? He gets best coaching, best facilities, best opportunity for championships, and best everything else and he wants Blinn?

I hope the team puts their head down, moves on, and just competes. I'm glad these guys are gone if their reasons are what they appear.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Not like he's going to stay at Blinn for three or four years. He'll be gone and back in the SEC or in the Big 12 in 5 months.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I wish the kid the best of luck, I hope his Dad did not hurt his career opportunities down the road.
I couldn't care less if his dad does hurt his chances - he decided to leave us in the middle of camp, so screw him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I couldn't care less if his dad does hurt his chances - he decided to leave us in the middle of camp, so screw him.
I feel this way about this guy and Smith. Frankly, I hope that neither ever plays another successful down of football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.