What's Up With Kendall Sheffield? (UPDATE: Reportedly Transferring)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
My opinion is very simple. If a player doesn't want to be on the U of A football team then he should be elsewhere. I dang sure don't want him on the field in the fourth quarter of a championship game.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
My opinion is very simple. If a player doesn't want to be on the U of A football team then he should be elsewhere. I dang sure don't want him on the field in the fourth quarter of a championship game.
I agree. I don't have any ill will toward them, but anyone who doesn't want to be at Bama should leave. To me, this goes for everyone- coaches, players, stat keepers, janitors, secretaries, etc.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Alvin Kamara did the same thing before enrolling at UT.He basically can't transfer to a sec school this season. By him enrolling in Juco he will be able to enroll at a sec school by spring practice so there are obviously loop holes
This is news to me. I always heard you had to get an associate's degree, which is two years. Maybe he has enough credits now for that and only needs to enroll for a semester and stay in good standing. If so, this is some loophole!

NOBODY chooses to go to Blinn on their own if they have a full ride at a great school. If he has to spend a full year at Blinn, he's going to REALLY find out just how much he wants to play. Alabama is Paradise compared to what he'll be experiencing soon. If he has to last a year or more, my money says he'll quit.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
This is news to me. I always heard you had to get an associate's degree, which is two years. Maybe he has enough credits now for that and only needs to enroll for a semester and stay in good standing. If so, this is some loophole!

NOBODY chooses to go to Blinn on their own if they have a full ride at a great school. If he has to spend a full year at Blinn, he's going to REALLY find out just how much he wants to play. Alabama is Paradise compared to what he'll be experiencing soon. If he has to last a year or more, my money says he'll quit.
I could be totally wrong but I have seen in more than one article where he should be able to transfer by January and at that time he can go wherever he wants.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It's not a loophole. He has been on campus since January 2015. He probably is close to having enough credits already for an associates degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
It's not a loophole. He has been on campus since January 2015. He probably is close to having enough credits already for an associates degree.

Yep, he'll essentially do the same thing Mettenberger did and play JUCO for 1 year, and then transfer with 3 years of eligibility left.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Thanks for clarifying this, so basically if he gets his associates degree this fall he can transfer in time for Spring which confirms what I have read. I guess everyone saying this is assuming he gets the degree in a couple of months because I didn't see that mentioned.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thanks for clarifying this, so basically if he gets his associates degree this fall he can transfer in time for Spring which confirms what I have read. I guess everyone saying this is assuming he gets the degree in a couple of months because I didn't see that mentioned.
It's assumed because it's pretty much standard procedure.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Kendall knew he was in a tough competition with the younger four star corners.....the guys that come to Bama now, all say they come to compete.

Bye, bye....you might have been hot poo poo in high school, but the competition at Alabama was just too much to overcome.

Ya, wish he would have stayed, but it's great knowing we got better and younger that are still here.

Now let's stop thinking about the glass that is half empty, and start enjoying what we do have...and set our sites to an exciting year ahead with the most talent on the roster maybe ever, and the defending National Champions.

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I honestly don't know for certain why this young man did this. I hope for his sake and lifetime after football, he didn't just quit.

RTR!

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Bama usually has at least one five star or high four star that doesn't work out every year. It's just the name of the game. Go back and look at the yearly recruits with rankings and who left for what reason. Nothing new here, just more and more media coverage every year with the Internet/smart phone boom driving it.

RTR!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.