What's Up With Kendall Sheffield? (UPDATE: Reportedly Transferring)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I noticed Sheffield wasn't at practice, has anyone read in to this on Rivals? There seems to be something floating around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: 2016 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

I noticed Sheffield wasn't at practice, has anyone read in to this on Rivals? There seems to be something floating around.

Comment I read said Sheffield and his dad headed back to Texas. Didn't like that Sheffield was being passed on depth chart by younger players. This is just Twitter talk so TIFWIW..

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: 2016 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

Comment I read said Sheffield and his dad headed back to Texas. Didn't like that Sheffield was being passed on depth chart by younger players. This is just Twitter talk so TIFWIW..
I don't want to comment directly on him without knowing the situation, but as a blanket statement why are so many kids afraid to face any sort of adversity?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
2016 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

I don't want to comment directly on him without knowing the situation, but as a blanket statement why are so many kids afraid to face any sort of adversity?

Someone like Sheffield could probably start or get significant PT at most FBS schools. He probably doesn't want to ride the pine at Bama for 3 years and maybe get some PT his senior year. I'm not saying I agree with players transferring because of competition but I can understand their point of view. They only get one chance at their collegiate eligibility..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

And if he's going to take it to the house because of issues with the depth chart, RS Freshman year is the time to do it.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Kids transferring so early renders oversigning moot in my mind.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If Sheffield transfers he will be the 5th player from the recruiting class of 2015 to do it. Great class but the attrition is really bad.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

No Sheffield again so he's most likely gone. To bad..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm going to wait and see what happens this week before making a speculation to what might be next. I suspect he may need to take few days off and all. I hope he didn't quit on the team or anything like that.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

No Sheffield again so he's most likely gone. To bad..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don`t know until CNS announces it, but so many of these 4 and 5* kids have never really faced a situation where they have to compete. Always been the BMOC. If you haven`t experienced adversity, it can be tough on the psyche when you do unless you`re taught how to cope.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'd rather have guys leaving than guys getting hurt. The team probably isn't going to get anything out of a guy who leaves anyway. The injuries are the thing that can hurt the most.

The pure numbers of returning experience at DB is a big concern for me. I think the staff has the guys who they plan on using this year. Just can't afford an injury there at all with these numbers.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Because neither they nor their gold-digging parents have ever faced it.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Yeah how does it look when just last week there were several media articles about him possibly making a move to be a part of the rotation? In fact there has been some buzz about him since the spring. Less than a week from media buzz to potential transfer?

Between this and the Maurice situation it makes me wonder if the team chemistry is really where it needs to be. Seems like there have been a few more individual commitment issues on the field than usual this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Maybe these young DBs are just so good they're pushing guys out? Who knows...lets not make any assumptions until we hear of a transfer. He could be right back in Tuscaloosa by the start of school...we just don't know.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Man rumors grow quickly. Miss one practice and the next thing you know you are moving home for good. Like Barnett texting he was going to Cali for a month this summer was supposed to be a sign he was transferring

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Yeah how does it look when just last week there were several media articles about him possibly making a move to be a part of the rotation? In fact there has been some buzz about him since the spring. Less than a week from media buzz to potential transfer?

Between this and the Maurice situation it makes me wonder if the team chemistry is really where it needs to be. Seems like there have been a few more individual commitment issues on the field than usual this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I don't think it's the team chemistry. Everyone has their individual and team goals... It's like what Saban was saying the other day about Charlot being impatient and how he wished he would be patient... I would say this is same situation for Sheffield. He's not being patient. He's only in the program for second year... Sometime Bama isn't the one for you.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.