USC Bookstore Selling "Roll Tears Roll" Shirts

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, aren't they just precious.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post...ama-with-new-shirt-that-reads-roll-tears-roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serious question - has any school in recent years talked trash BEFORE the game and actually been able to back it up against us??

Maybe Stoops at OU in the Sugar Bowl a few years back?

I can immediately think of certain levels of stupidity (like 'we're playing the Red Team') but I honestly can't think of very many successful ones.

PepsiTrojan

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 9, 2016
Ugh. That's disappointing. I'm fine when they do that for UCLA and Notre Dame but it's pretty shameless to do it with an out of conference opponent. It reeks of an inferiority complex. Those shirts wouldn't have been made in 2006.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Serious question - has any school in recent years talked trash BEFORE the game and actually been able to back it up against us??

Maybe Stoops at OU in the Sugar Bowl a few years back?

I can immediately think of certain levels of stupidity (like 'we're playing the Red Team') but I honestly can't think of very many successful ones.
Yes, Stoops is the only one that has actually backed it up.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Ugh. That's disappointing. I'm fine when they do that for UCLA and Notre Dame but it's pretty shameless to do it with an out of conference opponent. It reeks of an inferiority complex. Those shirts wouldn't have been made in 2006.
More likely, opportunistic marketing. The Supe Store used to sell those type of shirts for EVERY GAME.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.