Never let people vote on the name of your new airplane

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
B-21 Budgetbuster? B-21 Flying Money-Pit?

Never let people nominate the name of your new airplane.
I have to say, I had never even heard of the B-21 so I google image searched it and found this story.

Secretary James invited air force personnel to come up with a name. There are already many suggestions – some serious, some gung ho, others highly critical.
Spirit II, Deliverance, Thunderbolt, Sand Melter, Nightwing, Stormbringer, Flying W, Batwing, The Obama, Lemay, Regurgitating Pigeon, Flying Money-Pit, 2-Bad (the Cold War never really ended), Boondoggle, Budgetbuster, or Another Flying (Piece of Poo) from Northrop Hunk Of Overpriced Under-Performing Long Delayed Useless Waste of Taxpayers Money.
The Brits voted "boaty MacBoatface" for their research ship's name. Americans appear to be a little "edgier."

Last edited:

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Re: B-21 Budgetbuster? B-21 Flying Money-Pit?

I actually like Deliverance.

When ISIS hears the dueling banjos, stuff is about to get real.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: B-21 Budgetbuster? B-21 Flying Money-Pit?

Never let people nominate the name of your new airplane.
I have to say, I had never even heard of the B-21 so I google image searched it and found this story.

The Brits voted "boaty MacBoatface" for their research ship's name. Americans appear to be a little "edgier."
my favorite was stormbringer

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.