USC-AL in Dallas (Introducing to the board)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm actually really excited about this game. I was born in 1983, so the last two regular season match ups were just before my time. I was too young to remember the Aloha Bowl. This is a throwback game featuring two of the blue bloods of college football. I do hope it's a great game.

PepsiTrojan

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 9, 2016
I'm actually really excited about this game. I was born in 1983, so the last two regular season match ups were just before my time. I was too young to remember the Aloha Bowl. This is a throwback game featuring two of the blue bloods of college football. I do hope it's a great game.
This is certainly debatable and will upset some folks but there are only 7 true "blue bloods" in college football: Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Nebraska. All 7 programs have had multiple periods of dominance through the ages with countless national championships, all-americans, bowl victories and NFL superstars.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Some things I remember about the 1985 Aloha Bowl:

The game was on ESPN and played in the afternoon on a sunny day in Hawaii. However, due to the time difference, we had to watch it in the evening here.
Rodney Peete--who went on to have a very long NFL career--was the qb for the trojans in that game and struggled mightily against our D. Mike Shula threw 2 TD passes in the game, and I am pretty sure one was to Al Bell.
Harry Kalas--famous for his NFL Game of the Week and Highlights Shows narration--was the play-by-play announcer.

We were fortunate to catch SC while they were down that year(I think they finished 6-6 with that bowl loss and Ted Tollner was fired either the following year or 87)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.