Tuscaloosa Party

sfl

Aug 16, 2016
[SUB]Hello fellow Tide fans, I am going to be in Tuscaloosa for the first time for the Western Kentucky game and would some tips were the best pep rally bars are? for Thursday and Friday and of course after the game on Saturday.[/SUB]

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
You'll get lots of advice on here. For your first game day experience, you can't go wrong with The Strip. I take a group each year to Tuscaloosa, many of whom have never been, and we tend to hang in that area.

Let's say the game is 2:30. I would get to the Strip around 10:30, hit up The Houndstooth. Great memorabilia there and a fun-loving atmosphere. You can have a couple of drinks and watch the 11:00 games on ESPN. They also have fantastic Wolf Brothers BBQ you can buy right there at The Houndstooth. We love the BBQ nachos. After that, you have a couple of choices. I would recommend heading toward the stadium and checking out Gallette's, a large gathering place that has famous Yellowhammer drinks. Being a non-SEC game, it shouldn't be ridiculously crowded. Try a Yellowhammer and hang with fans. Then, shortly before 2:00, head into the stadium and watch the lead-up to kickoff.

After the game, we like to hang at Egan's. It's a smallish bar with lots of folks. Has a real dive feel to it. That's my advice. I'm sure others have great places too. RTR.

sfl

Aug 16, 2016
Thanks for the tips, GumpTider, you gave me a lot of options, looks like I will give those a try.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.