Alabama vs. USC Discussion

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Our questions about Bama are these:

- Will the new QB (Bateman?) be ready to go against a pretty fast defense?
Yes - but you will most likely see two QBs

- Scarborough is a beast but is he Derek Henry?
No - he is certainly not Henry but I would be more worried about Damien Harris and a True Frosh running through a dominant O-Line

- Pruitt is a good DC but he's replacing a legend - how will that affect Bama's D?
We will be affected but nothing you will be able to detect

- Will Kiffin try to get too cute with the offense? He's obviously looking forward to crushing USC.
You will see a conservative offense for most of the game until we smell blood

If I were a betting man I would give up the 10 points and go with the favorite in this one. Good luck to you guys and look forward to the game.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Southern Cal scares me; their skills guys are sick fast, and I think their D is going to be much improved. I think Bama is definitely better but the matchup is scary for the first game. Key is if Bama can run it. Usually is though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Southern Cal scares me; their skills guys are sick fast, and I think their D is going to be much improved. I think Bama is definitely better but the matchup is scary for the first game. Key is if Bama can run it. Usually is though.
The scheme is exactly what Alabama does well. They have talented skill guys, but I'm not overly worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They're mostly pro-style in nature. They need Max Browne to be a hot quarterback in his first start if our defense is anything like it has been over the past 8 seasons. Not very many pro-style passers have won against us over that time period and when they did that quarterback played his best game. I think we'll see their backup who narrowly lost out on the competition apparently. He has a bit more of a dual-threat profile and they may try to change things up on us to steal points if it is a close affair.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I think we'll see their backup who narrowly lost out on the competition apparently. He has a bit more of a dual-threat profile and they may try to change things up on us to steal points if it is a close affair.
I hope they have to try everything they can to just stay in the game. I would love to see our special teams play as well as they did against VaTech a few years back. Made a huge difference in that game.

tj3333

Aug 20, 2016
MH is one of the best DB's in the country. That's proven. We'll find out if Schuster is ready to go against the best. I hope the team is ready.
Hi Folks, Trojan fan here...I have to be honest, as a fan of football, this is the single most intriguing match up I can recall in recent years. MH is arguably the best DB in the country, and through my cardinal colored glasses, I believe JuJU is the best WR in the country this year - this is going to be a fantastic battle to watch.

Really looking forward to this game, praying for no injuries to either team.

By the way, I've really enjoyed reading the posts here while waiting to get approved - great conversations. Is it Sept 3 yet???

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
tj3333, these are money games for players like Hump and JuJu. The NFL scouts are going to watch each of them closely since it is likely Hump may cover no one better than JuJu and vice versa.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I was reading that Max Browne has basically no mobility. He's like a statue in the pocket. I don't see how their offense can have much success other than just chucking up some deep passes and hope something good happens..

tj3333

Aug 20, 2016
tj3333, these are money games for players like Hump and JuJu. The NFL scouts are going to watch each of them closely since it is likely Hump may cover no one better than JuJu and vice versa.
RGW, I think you're exactly right. THIS is the kind of film scouts want to disect - how do two of the potentially best prospects at their respective position compete against each other?

PepsiTrojan

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 9, 2016
I was reading that Max Browne has basically no mobility. He's like a statue in the pocket. I don't see how their offense can have much success other than just chucking up some deep passes and hope something good happens..

From what we've been told, he can move around in the pocket pretty well. However, he's not going to beat anyone with his feet. He reminds me a little bit of Leinart with his size and delivery. The trick here is developing quick-hitting plays. If he sits back there for too long he's going to get killed. Here are some very limited highlights against dog-meat competition and the spring game. Hard to take away too much from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5leHB0S-uxI

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
What's everyone going to be doing with parking at AT&T Stadium? The Rangers will be playing an afternoon game that same day as the kickoff and the baseball stadium is pretty close to the football stadium.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
What's everyone going to be doing with parking at AT&T Stadium? The Rangers will be playing an afternoon game that same day as the kickoff and the baseball stadium is pretty close to the football stadium.
Get a parking pass.....I got one directly from the stadium.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.