Link: Bama no. 1 in AP poll; Record 9 straight years

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That X is there regardless because of the overwhelming success.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
I agree with ya 100% JBama..Even those years we were down due to NCAA sanctions, we had that X on our back, simply because we are still ALABAMA regardless of our record & beating us will always be a lil extra satisfying no matter the situation..

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
What does the number one team have in common with the team ranked one hundred and one? Both are 0-0 right now. Pre season polls don't prove diddly. I wish we could avoid polls all together now.

I agree with ya 100% JBama..Even those years we were down due to NCAA sanctions, we had that X on our back, simply because we are still ALABAMA regardless of our record & beating us will always be a lil extra satisfying no matter the situation..
Yes sir
[emoji1474][emoji1474][emoji1474]

If any team in the football can handle the target it's Bama.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Oh great, by no means does Alabama need to be ranked #1, nor does anyone else. I can't wait to see someone ask CNS about the ranking at his next press conference and hear his response. Look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I like how 1966 we finished "third".

i really thought Clemson would be the choice but i'm not complaining. im just enjoying the ride.
Same. I've honestly never seen the loser of an NC game get so much positive press afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
As long as the AP chooses to do this it's just vote of respect and capability. Somebody's got to be #1 if you choose to have a poll before teams start playing.

Or, another way of looking at it: the Bama Machine Rolls On!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I don't like being ranked this high in preseason. I don't get it either. We have so many question marks, yet they still ranks us 1st? Maybe they are trying to jinks us?
I realize every season is different but if I'm a sportswriter trying to think of the team most likely to win it all, the track record of 4 National Titles from the last seven years, would have me thinking ... Bama! RTR!!!

Honestly, I like us being #1 to start off. Gives us more leeway in case we lose one. A team that starts off as #20 pretty much needs to go undefeated the whole season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is no disadvantage for a team like Alabama being ranked #1 right out of the gates. The pressure already exists to continue the dynasty, and the opposition already has your game circled. You might as well take the positive press while you can.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
This is fine with me. The AP poll is meaningless now anyways- but I like that we have the record to ourselves. I'm surprised that Clemson is behind us though. Scrutiny is gonna come either way so we may as well be number one while they're trying to leave us for dead if/when we lose. RTR

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
At tis point, CNS has proven that pre-season question marks are 'clutter' - we have the talent and the coaching to be fine.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR ALABAMA FOOTBALL!

RTR

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Once again...as a new season is about to start, being ranked #1, all this talk....has me ready to get naked, set my hair on fire, run down main street and tackle the first VW beetle I see!!!!:eek2::BigA: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Let's Roll baby, Roll!

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think the AP voters feel that when you combine college football's best coach with top recruiting classes every year it's hard not to make them the favorite.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't mind being #1. Gives plenty of room to bounce back from a loss..

Last edited:
It's good to be #1. Better than #51. Luckily for us though, CNS has talked about this being clutter for season. Rankings shouldn't come out until October. You never really know what time you have until that time and even then you may not know. I still understand the polls too. You need something to gauge the competition. This will be a different Bama team. This isn't the Stanley Cup that gets passed around. There is a trophy given every year. We won't be defending anything. I never understood title defense in college sports. Still, it feels great that Bama is #1 in the discussion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.