Link: Bama no. 1 in AP poll; Record 9 straight years

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't like being ranked this high in preseason. I don't get it either. We have so many question marks, yet they still ranks us 1st? Maybe they are trying to jinks us?

I don't like being ranked this high in preseason. I don't get it either. We have so many question marks, yet they still ranks us 1st? Maybe they are trying to jinks us?
They (media) know the pedigree though. The defense will be great again and the offense has the chance to be really explosive. But yeah, I don't like starting high, but I've never seen Bama go wire to wire. We have another chance this season. RTR

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i really thought Clemson would be the choice but i'm not complaining. im just enjoying the ride.
i had assumed it would be clemson. i figured we would be top 5, but not #1. I thought LSU would be ranked ahead of us. Oh well the AP is so full of idiots, they will drop us down if we have a close game with anyone.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
This year will be just like all the others. If we win the SEC, we'll be in the playoff discussion. I don't necessarily like being ranked #1 to start the season but it does help being ranked so high if you need to overcome a loss.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This year will be just like all the others. If we win the SEC, we'll be in the playoff discussion. I don't necessarily like being ranked #1 to start the season but it does help being ranked so high if you need to overcome a loss.
very true and i don't think any real team runs the table and goes undefeated.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The same press touting this buried us. The dynasty died at the Kick Six. The dynasty died at Ole Miss. The dynasty died after the home loss to Ole Miss. And if we lose any game at any time, the dynasty will be dead again.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The same press touting this buried us. The dynasty died at the Kick Six. The dynasty died at Ole Miss. The dynasty died after the home loss to Ole Miss. And if we lose any game at any time, the dynasty will be dead again.
I get what you're saying but the most vocal of that group i.e. Cowherd, Klatt, Kanell (the hot take talking heads) etc don't have a vote in the AP poll or any poll that actually matters..

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
So true. They mean absolutely nothing at this point. Only real value is team distraction and talking points for guys like us.

I tend to agree with CNS thinking the rankings should be reserved until after the 4th week. (Playoff Committee Reference) But they gotta get their internet hits.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I get what you're saying but the most vocal of that group i.e. Cowherd, Klatt, Kanell (the hot take talking heads) etc don't have a vote in the AP poll or any poll that actually matters..
True, but the link in the OP goes to ESPN and they will be burying us even if it's their former folks now on Fox bloviating.

Plus - with a committee these rankings are total fiction anyway.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hate having that #1 X on our back..It is awesome that we broke the previous record held by Miami & taking that away from The 'Canes to crow about them being the best ever though..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.