GA News: OnlineAthens - UGA ranked No. 18 in preseason AP poll

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
August 21st, 2016 09:08 AM

Georgia finished unranked in the Associated Press poll at the end of last season. It will go the starting gate this year checking in at No. 18 in the preseason Top 25.
First-year coach Kirby Smart took over a program that went 10-3, has star running back Nick Chubb returning from a season-ending knee injury and an experienced secondary back from a defense that ranked seventh in the nation in yards allowed.
“My expectation as a senior is I want to leave a good legacy,” senior offensive tackle Greg Pyke said. “I think as a senior you want to go out on top. That comes down to doing all the little things right on and off the field.”
This is Georgia’s lowest AP preseason ranking since it was No. 19 in 2011. The Bulldogs were No. 9 in the preseason last year, but dropped out of the poll for good on Oct. 12 after consecutive losses to Alabama and Tennessee.
The rankings are voted on by a panel of 61 sportswriters and broadcasters from across the nation. The poll began in 1936.
Georgia was ranked No. 16 in the coaches’ poll that came out earlier this month.
The polls have no bearing on the college football playoff. A selection committee chooses the four teams for the postseason to play for the national title.
There are six SEC teams in the AP poll led by No. 1 Alabama, which received 33 first-place votes.
Georgia has four ranked opponents: No. 9 Tennsssee, No. 11 Ole Miss, No. 22 North Carolina and No. 25 Florida.

Syncronex:
Metered

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.