• Jalen Hurts

Votes: 36 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Some speculation that Bateman could start and they will ease Hurt into the offense, and if he does well, the theory is that by the end of the game, he'll be the starter.
If Bateman does as he has in the past... He will be ok on short passes then try to force a longer pass that might be taken to the house. Smart money then will be on Hurts. He has performed well in A-Day, and in Fall practice. While USC is bringing the house after the QB our RB's could have a field day. Our rushing game benefits from playing Hurts. The limited amount I have seen of all three QB's sez Hurts could be as good as I think he can be... The upside is higher than for the other two QB's. I'm just not sold on Bateman. DID THAT SOUND LIKE MUMBO JUMBO? When I read it it did to me... ;)

Last edited:

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Haven't posted in quite a while. Just been stalking the site. I have to say I'm hopeful Hurts pulls ahead and shows he can handle the job. I would love to have a three year starter, and I love his athleticism to go along with a strong arm. I'm sick of the Johnny Foosball and Watson types always giving us fits. I want to give someone else a fit for a change.
The dude is a stud. He played in our district in HS and really glad he is gone. I am even more happy that he is at Bama and we don't have to see him as an Aggie.

I know he lit up our D last year on the scout team running against the 1's in NC prep. If Kiffen can keep his head straight if he is chosen as a starter, we add a dimension to our O that could be really dangerous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.