Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Jalen Hurts

Votes: 36 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Cooper will roll out there with the first team to start the game. It'll go from there. If he has a good first half, he'll finish the game. If he struggles, we'll see Blake come out to start the second half I am guessing.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Hurts may play; cannot imagine he trots out for the first series. USC sounds like a really, really good team. I would imagine Bama relying on D and adjusting if something necessitates it. Seems easier for a freshman to come in at some point than start; unless he is awfully special and confident. From all the info around it does not seem Barnett is there yet. I am guessing Hurts is the first off the bench.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Saban always seems to play seniority over younger inexperienced players at least at QB that is. I'd love to see Hurts be shown the trust of trotting out with the first team but history tells us we will go with the older Bateman and he will have to loose the job by too many negative plays. Barnett will probably be the first replacement for Bateman instead of burning the redshirt.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
The closer it gets to game time I believe CNS will go with Bateman even if he wants to go with Hurts. He will go back to being the CNS we've come to know in order to vent the pressure that will come with starting the young one. If things go well with the senior, it may become his job until he makes some unnecessary mistakes. If that, then Hurts.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
At this point I'd say all three play, in this order:

Bateman
Barnett
Hurts

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think Bateman will start the game based on everything I know at this point. However, I'd say there's a very high probability that there is a 1B named as well and that he gets some playing time.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I think Bateman will start the game based on everything I know at this point. However, I'd say there's a very high probability that there is a 1B named as well and that he gets some playing time.
Totally agree. Unless Bateman/Barnett just completely turn the corner this year, I can't realistically see a scenario where Hurts doesn't play.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I also think that Bateman will get the start. What happens from there will be up to him.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I think Bateman will be given the opportunity to start. He's been here longer which should count for something but I think this will be his last audition. If he goes out and is indecisive and makes poor decisions then his time at BAMA is done (strictly my opinion). At that point we will see who, between Bateman and Hurts, is going to take us through this season.

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008
This might be a little bit off the topic. I think our D is so good (Plus the OL struggles with lack of personnel) that makes no QB stands out. We may test their real abilities using second D instead.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.