Link: Bruce Feldman's 2016 SEC Team Predictions

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama won the SEC in 2015 before going on to win its fourth national title in the last seven seasons. The Crimson Tide enter this fall as the preseason No. 1 team, but they won't end the season that way. Here are Bruce Feldman's predicted standings for the SEC in 2016.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
In Feldman's scenario I doubt we would be in the 4 team picture unless there are multiple 2 loss conference champions.
It's hard to say because Feldman doesn't give the exact scenario - where the 1 loss from Bama comes from. If we lose on the road to a team that ends up undefeated (UT or LSU) then I could see Bama getting in. If we lose a home game to a team that ends up with 4 or 5 losses then maybe not. I think at this point most media/analysts are going to give Alabama the benefit of the doubt..

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't understand all the love for LSU. Yes, they have a great 21 players. But they still have Brandon Harris at QB. He couldn't throw last year, which allowed good defenses to stack the run and render Fournette ineffective.

Why do so many people think anything about that has changed?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
It's hard to say because Feldman doesn't give the exact scenario - where the 1 loss from Bama comes from. If we lose on the road to a team that ends up undefeated (UT or LSU) then I could see Bama getting in. If we lose a home game to a team that ends up with 4 or 5 losses then maybe not. I think at this point most media/analysts are going to give Alabama the benefit of the doubt..
By doing the math based on his projection (Bama @ #2 in the west with a record of 11-1 SEC 7-1 & LSU @ #1 in the west with identical 11-1 & 7-1 records) our loss would have to be to LSU - putting them in the SEC CG.

Like I said - unless there are multiple 2 loss conference champions I just don't see the committee putting 2 SEC teams in the playoff.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I don't understand all the love for LSU. Yes, they have a great 21 players. But they still have Brandon Harris at QB. He couldn't throw last year, which allowed good defenses to stack the run and render Fournette ineffective.

Why do so many people think anything about that has changed?
I think a lot of it is driven by the ABB crowd (Anyone But Bama) - they want to project any piece of hope they have that any team can keep us out.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well, to say "Bama won't win it this year" means if you said that every year during the last seven (plus this year and they don't) you'd be right 50% of the time.

Not bad odds for predicting "Bama won't win it this year."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The talk from national guys who have been through their facilities this off-season - especially Gary Danielson - has been how they felt the leadership and mentality seemed better. Danielson was pretty frank and said that since 2011's letdown in the BCSCG that LSU kinda had the feel that they had a group of guys playing for the NFL more than championships. I think the troubles in Louisiana may help to galvanize any hold outs on buying into the program. Miles has always made playing for the state one of the cores of the program and now they have a clear connection to that concept. It might help them this year.

I think this could be another year where Alabama-LSU is almost like a national quarterfinal.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The talk from national guys who have been through their facilities this off-season - especially Gary Danielson - has been how they felt the leadership and mentality seemed better. Danielson was pretty frank and said that since 2011's letdown in the BCSCG that LSU kinda had the feel that they had a group of guys playing for the NFL more than championships. I think the troubles in Louisiana may help to galvanize any hold outs on buying into the program. Miles has always made playing for the state one of the cores of the program and now they have a clear connection to that concept. It might help them this year.

I think this could be another year where Alabama-LSU is almost like a national quarterfinal.
Has Harris suddenly gotten a lot (and I mean a whole lot) better?

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
LSU is a very talented team. My problem with them is that in recent history Les Miles can motivate his team week in and week out but you can't make filet mignon from chicken livers and gizzards: meaning he has been unable to find and develope a consistent qb who can make consistently good decisions to beat upper echelon teams on a regular basis. The only reasons (in my opinion) that he has managed to stay in the upper crust of the SEC is because of the talent on defense and because of the absence of UF as a power in the SEC east.
I won't believe in UT until they actually start performing consistently and are able to build good depth on both sides of the ball. Josh Dobbs is a really good talent at qb but there are just not enough skill players to help carry the team. I also think that Butch Jones needs to do a little better job of developing an offensive game plan around the team and not just around the talents of Dobbs.
All that having been said, right now we have just as much chance as anyone else to win the SEC and the NC. Our coaching staff has consistently developed game plans including all of our talents and not just one and have been able to developed our abs so the mistakes made aren't generally going to get us beat.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I say we'll beat Florida again in Atlanta.
I think so too. People seem to be sleeping on UF for some reason, I'm guessing because they think UT will finally beat them. We don't really know what to expect from UGA in Smart's first year, but UF should be much better at the QB position this year. I think they'll win the East again.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The most surprising stat (depending on how you look at it) is Brandon Harris has a career completion percentage of barely above 50%. Most good college QBs are closer to 70%. Pretty big discrepancy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
What I think is more interesting about the article is he has Aubarn finishing at 5-7. If Gus goes 5-7 do you really think Pat Dye will let him stay. If Petrino win 10 games this year. Then the who know what kind of a meltdown on the plains we will see. I just hope we our RB situation isnt a problem for us. Thats my biggest fear for this team. We dont have a single back with much game time experience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.