Latest Bama News 8/22/2016 Thru 8/28/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
[FONT=&quot]Family ties helped 4-star OL Kendall Randolph choose Alabama-GN/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Though Randolph plays tackle in high school, he may move inside for the Tide. "They’re recruiting me as a guard and tackle," he said. "I feel comfortable playing any position that a coach needs me to play. Guard, tackle, center, even on the defensive side of the ball — wherever they need me to play, I feel I can contribute on the team … "Wherever Coach needs me to play, I’m going to get the job done. Roll Tide."[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]Levi Randolph's kid brother makes me smile. This kind of enthusiasm for playing at Alabama is infectious.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gambler's Fallacy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are a whole lot hot takes out there this season about teams being due. Just today, two national pundits succumbed to the gambler's fallacy, and LOLZ were had all around. (Also, what depth? Tennessee's issue is that they have no depth. And, Herbie just can't stop drinking the Gus Malzahn Kool Aid -- OOOOH, YEAAAAH!)[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Already posted but RBR's take:

[FONT=&quot]Dreamy Lane Kiffin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Southern Cal OC Tee Martin: 'Lane (Kiffin) pretty much adopted what we do on offense' | AL.com/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin will be a big story leading up to the game as he will face the team he coached before being fired. "It'll be interesting to watch," Martin said of Kiffin. "A couple of years ago, Lane pretty much adopted what we do on offense. From how they get plays in, the way their mechanics on offense, Alabama and Lane pretty much adopted what we do here at Southern Cal. "We're friends. A lot of us talk. Over the years, we have shared ideas. The Alabama defensive staff came out and visited with our defensive staff last year. We're familiar with a lot of what they do, and they are familiar with what we do."[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]Ummmm, Tee. Lane Kiffin didn't "adopt what you do out at SC." Lane Kiffin built the offense that SC uses (with an assist by Sark.) Only a Vawl could say something this dumb.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking of Sarkisian, he is by all accounts cleaning up very well after his battle with alcoholism, and is ready to get back into coaching. Everyone knows the life of the party or the good time girl who, for whatever reason, just can't put the glass of whiskey down despite the potential legal, vocational, financial, interpersonal and health consequences. Addiction takes a helluva toll on the person fighting that war, and it's equally, though differently painful to their friends and loved ones. Best wishes to Coach Sark.[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
[FONT=&quot]Who needs a scrappy underdog?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alabama Crimson Tide, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Ohio State Buckeyes, Oklahoma Sooners, USC Trojans lead the list of college football blue bloods-espn/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What are the most important programs in the history of college football? It's a thorny, fun, fascinating question that we posed to 12 of our writers. We asked them to rate every current FBS program on a scale of 1-10, based on each school's overall impact on the history of college football. The rankings below list the school, then their average score. The top five finished with unanimous 10 scores, and we rounded up from 9.5 for those that just missed a perfect score. The end result? Eight schools qualify for what we're calling blue bloods -- the royalty of the game.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]The metrics are all over the place. For instance, they only count AP polls for Alabama, but use Ohio State's seven Heismans as an indicator. Huh?! Still, Alabama is No. 1 (tied with four others, and you can probably rattle off whom without even looking.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is never going to change: College students are not employees; stop litigating it[/FONT]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.