Southern Cal OC Tee Martin: 'Lane (Kiffin) pretty much adopted what we do on offense'

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have a friend that graduated from Southern Cal. It really bothers him when I call it Southern Cal, so I make sure I do it all the time. I have never asked why because I don't really care why.

Trojaneen

Aug 12, 2016
Lane Kiffin is an excellent OC. I don't think his skill set fit for the Raiders, TN or us as HC. He may go back out there and become the next Nick Saban, but that wasn't the case in the past. As far as his firing - it was unfortunate, but I was in attendance at his last game in Arizona and it was a nightmare. I hold no animosity toward him.

Coaches share info amongst each other, and that is the norm. What you may not know, or have forgotten, is that Lane was not our initial OC with Pete Carroll, Norm Chow was our OC. I give tremendous credit to Norm Chow for developing Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart into the dominant QB's they became. Norm Chow was OC when we throttled OK in the NC. Lane took over that role when we were already a powerhouse.. I don't know what Tee Martin is specifically referring to, but that may be it.

You can call us USC, SC, Southern Cal, or Southern California, I don't care.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
IMO, Kiffin ran variations of the offense at Oakland, USC and UT before he came to Bama. He has made a few tweaks but this is not a new offense. Tee must be confused because it appears he is doing what Kiffin did on offense.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I hate Tennessee - and the bad taste of Tee Martin's shenanigans emanating from here (Mobile) has never left.
I hope Bama's defense shuts them out.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Lane Kiffin is an excellent OC. I don't think his skill set fit for the Raiders, TN or us as HC. He may go back out there and become the next Nick Saban, but that wasn't the case in the past. As far as his firing - it was unfortunate, but I was in attendance at his last game in Arizona and it was a nightmare. I hold no animosity toward him.

Coaches share info amongst each other, and that is the norm. What you may not know, or have forgotten, is that Lane was not our initial OC with Pete Carroll, Norm Chow was our OC. I give tremendous credit to Norm Chow for developing Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart into the dominant QB's they became. Norm Chow was OC when we throttled OK in the NC. Lane took over that role when we were already a powerhouse.. I don't know what Tee Martin is specifically referring to, but that may be it.

You can call us USC, SC, Southern Cal, or Southern California, I don't care.
Yep, Norm Chow was a good one. Wasn't he also the architect of some of the great BYU offenses under LaVell Edwards?

PepsiTrojan

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 9, 2016
How dare you steal our offense! LOL. I'm not sure what Tee meant by that but it's probably not the best thing to say right now.

The fans love "Southern Cal." We call it that all the time. That's the classic way of saying it. Paranoid sociopath and former athletic director Mike Garrett was the one that didn't like it. Everyone else is fine with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.