Southern Cal OC Tee Martin: 'Lane (Kiffin) pretty much adopted what we do on offense'

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here

[FONT=&quot]Question: If Southern Cal is going to score on Alabama, will it be the run or the pass?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"We'll find out on Sept. 3," Martin replied.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Question: Which one today has been more efficient in practice?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We'll find out on Sept. 3," Martin said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Mobile native did on Alabama. Well, a little.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Alabama is Alabama," Martin said of the Tide's defense in comparison to teams USC normally battles. "They have size and speed across the board. What is different about them - and similar to when we play the Notre Dames and Stanfords of the world - is the execution of what they try to do. That's what makes a defense like that good."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin will be a big story leading up to the game as he will face the team he coached before being fired.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It'll be interesting to watch," Martin said of Kiffin. "A couple of years ago, Lane pretty much adopted what we do on offense. From how they get plays in, the way their mechanics on offense, Alabama and Lane pretty much adopted what we do here at Southern Cal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We're friends. A lot of us talk. Over the years, we have shared ideas. The Alabama defensive staff came out and visited with our defensive staff last year. We're familiar with a lot of what they do, and they are familiar with what we do."[/FONT]

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin will be a big story leading up to the game as he will face the team he coached before being fired.
"It'll be interesting to watch," Martin said of Kiffin. "A couple of years ago, Lane pretty much adopted what we do on offense. From how they get plays in, the way their mechanics on offense, Alabama and Lane pretty much adopted what we do here at Southern Cal.
Martin doesn't seem too bright to me...:cool2:

Last edited:

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I know time is supposed to heal everything, but certain names still cause my BP to tick up a notch or two. I now hope we cause their entire offense to have a gender identity crisis.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Tee Martin is correct but he fails to mention that the offense is basically what Lane installed there during his time as OC (2005-06) and as their head coach (2010-13). Clay Helton was Kiffin's QB coach and OC in 2010-13 and Tee Martin was Kiffin's WR coach in 2012-13. They didn't re-invent the wheel.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Wait - wasn't Lane the OC @ USC? So wouldn't it be "his system"? Or is he implying it was Pete Carroll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was head coach and left to walk home at the air port by their classless ad. He was also coaching while Martin was accepting money from boosters and skipping chair stacking classes, so the idea of Kiffin borrowing from a school he coached at is laughable.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He was head coach and left to walk home at the air port by their classless ad. He was also coaching while Martin was accepting money from boosters and skipping chair stacking classes, so the idea of Kiffin borrowing from a school he coached at is laughable.

it was classless when they did that, but i have to admit, i lmao when it happened :D

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think Martin was more referring to the spread techniques such as pictures for getting plays in and called quicker. That sort of thing, along with hurry-up. I bet the base USC offense is still Kiffin.
Don't let that get in the way of the al.com click-bait and the possible extra motivation.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have read that Southern Cal wants to be called USC, so I go out of my way to call them Southern Cal. When I grew up they were called Southern Cal by everyone. I don't know why they decided not to like it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.