Southern Cal OC Tee Martin: 'Lane (Kiffin) pretty much adopted what we do on offense'

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Our offense has never really been the same offense 2yrs in a row since Coach Saban has been our HC, our base plays on offense is different from one year to the next, one year our QB played mostly under center & we used the I Formation a good bit, then the the next we hardly used it by using the Pistol Offense mostly & last year we ran "Hurry Up" a good bit, that's one of the most exciting parts of the 1st game of the year to me is seeing what kinda plays we will run this year on offense..We run a true "Multiple Style Offense" based on the talent playing that season..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Our offense has never really been the same offense 2yrs in a row since Coach Saban has been our HC, our base plays on offense is different from one year to the next, one year our QB played mostly under center & we used the I Formation a good bit, then the the next we hardly used it by using the Pistol Offense mostly & last year we ran "Hurry Up" a good bit, that's one of the most exciting parts of the 1st game of the year to me is seeing what kinda plays we will run this year on offense..We run a true "Multiple Style Offense" based on the talent playing that season..
And Kiffin has his centric philosophy, but he does a great job a building around the team's and qb's strengths too.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
5 years ago, the thought of this site defending Lane Kiffin would have been laughable. Football makes strange bedfellows, huh?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Everyone "borrows" from everyone else...in every field. The question is who can adapt the system to their players and then coach them so that they "can't get it wrong."

I think we know who does that really, really well....:cool2:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
How dare you steal our offense! LOL. I'm not sure what Tee meant by that but it's probably not the best thing to say right now.

The fans love "Southern Cal." We call it that all the time. That's the classic way of saying it. Paranoid sociopath and former athletic director Mike Garrett was the one that didn't like it. Everyone else is fine with it.
When I was younger and we played you guys, this is what people referred to you as. To me it always meant USC football. I don't even like the confusion of using USC to describe South Carolina.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He was head coach and left to walk home at the air port by their classless ad. He was also coaching while Martin was accepting money from boosters and skipping chair stacking classes, so the idea of Kiffin borrowing from a school he coached at is laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some folks love burning every bridge they cross

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Lane Kiffin may be the best play caller in football....and I'm being totally serious.
The best thing about Lane is his ability to identify and work the offense around the strengths of the QB. He knows how to get it to the play makers too. I guess that makes for a super play caller.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.