Loss of a Tide Fan

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Dear Tide Fans,
My husband spent hours on this site, loving talking to each of you. Sadly, he died very suddenly on July 17. Our family is still in shock. I just wanted to let you know, for those who spent time chatting with him. You gave him much enjoyment.

His name was Brian. He was well loved. We set up a fund for people to contribute to, that would pay for a well in an area of Africa where fresh water is a terrible problem. Enough money has already been raised for one well, and half of another one.

I hope that you enjoyed the time you spent with him as well. You probably won't be surprised to know that his casket was crimson, with an :BigA: on the cover, accented by an American flag for his time in the service.

Mrs. "mittman"
I am so sorry for your loss, and he will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Mrs. Mitt, thank you for letting us know about his passing. He will be missed here, he was a great Tide fan.
From conversations with him, I know he was a Brother in Christ and has gone on to to his reward. Roll Tide in Heaven Brian.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Mrs. Mittman.....I'm so very sorry for your loss. This comes as a huge shock to me and others here, I'm sure. Obviously your husband was very well regarded here...a tribute to his character and integrity.

I will always remember Mitt's frequent music posts over on "The Strip" forum. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting the man in person, I felt that we knew each other through our common passion of music.

I'm so glad you were able to let us know of Mitt's passing. Sad as it is, it's comforting to know that he was so much appreciated and respected here amongst his fellow football fans and hopefully that might provide a small piece of comfort to you and yours.

I hope you will continue to stop by and post as you feel fit.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours...respectfully, Mitt's friend Bazza

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I am very sorry to see this. You and your family will be in my prayers. Some may think of things like Tidefans are nothing important, but I can promise you your husband effected people in a positive way on this website.

Godspeed, mittman.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Brian and I didn't always see eye to eye in our interactions on the non sports forum but I always appreciated his passion and his ability to to listen to both sides of an argument. We never met in person but I thoroughly enjoyed knowing him here. Very sorry for your loss

Last edited:

parrothdfn

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2000
Franklin, TN
Dear Tide Fans,
My husband spent hours on this site, loving talking to each of you. Sadly, he died very suddenly on July 17. Our family is still in shock. I just wanted to let you know, for those who spent time chatting with him. You gave him much enjoyment.

His name was Brian. He was well loved. We set up a fund for people to contribute to, that would pay for a well in an area of Africa where fresh water is a terrible problem. Enough money has already been raised for one well, and half of another one.

I hope that you enjoyed the time you spent with him as well. You probably won't be surprised to know that his casket was crimson, with an :BigA: on the cover, accented by an American flag for his time in the service.

Mrs. "mittman"
Mrs. Mittman,

I miss Brian daily, as you know we worked closely together. I was in shock when I heard the news. Many of us here at work still miss him.

When I first started working with him, he knew that we would get a long well as we were both Big Bama fans (my son's name is Bryant). We would often talk about stuff that we had read here (funny that I just now learned what his username was.) When I would go to Bama games, I really appreciated that he would be available to answer an emergency call if one ever came in (thankfully they never did so we could both watch the game). After several of Alabama's National Championships I could call him the next day to see what his voice sounded like. I thought his Casket was very fitting for his love of Alabama.

I have said many prayers and for you and your family.

-Anthony

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.