Blue Bloods of College Football (ESPN)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Tied for first!

Kinda scratch my head with that but I totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
They seem to place way too much emphasis on winning the Heisman. I just prefer NCs, conference championships and overall wins! A Heisman is just "gravy."

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
They seem to place way too much emphasis on winning the Heisman. I just prefer NCs, conference championships and overall wins! A Heisman is just "gravy."
In all the years we had played and never had a Heisman winner. It really never bother me one bit. Now we have two well it really does not add to what Alabama Football is. I agree, N.C. and SEC championships are more important. Looking back at some of the teams of the 70's, we could have had more that one Heisman winner, but CPB was all about the team winning. At least we were above ND in the article.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can understand their reasoning for having us tied, but, the ultimate goal of a College Football Program is to win the NC Trophy & no team comes close to Alabama in the history of the game of doing that..

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I can understand their reasoning for having us tied, but, the ultimate goal of a College Football Program is to win the NC Trophy & no team comes close to Alabama in the history of the game of doing that..
By their count we have 11 to Notre Dames 8, Sooners 7 & Buckeyes 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
LSwho???? why?
UGA??? Because Herschel went there? Most overrated school in the country. Shouldn't Georgia Tech be in here somewhere?
Miami? Not so sure about that but what the heck. They've made a great nemesis for the real blue bloods.
Auburn??? If it wasn't for Alabama, would they be considered? I seriously doubt it. But, I would choose them over UGA to be on this list.
Clemson? I don't get that one either. What about Georgia Tech? hint/hint
Oregon? They have never won anything. Definitely not.
Wisconsin? Maybe
Arkansas? Sorry, no.

I tend to think a team on this list should have had great teams over 2 or 3 distinct generations during which they won some conference champions. Heisman winners are a non-qualifier unless it can be proved the winner was great mostly due to great coaching.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.