AJC's updated recruiting prediction for Alabama

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Writer says we likely won't catch tOSU for the top spot. But here's his updated projections on whom we land.

Here.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I think this is a pretty fair assessment of where we stand. Ohio State is putting together an insane class and I don't think anyone will unseat them. I think we are recruiting for needs and to me that's the most important reason of all! RTR!

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Ohio State has several strong recruiting points right now. 1) They had a lot of players enter the draft which is more appealing to recruits who want early playing time. 2) Their players were drafted very high ($$$). 3) A lot of success under Meyer, including a ring.

I would still love to see Alabama at #1 again, but those are some strong selling points they've got going this year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think this is a pretty fair assessment of where we stand. Ohio State is putting together an insane class and I don't think anyone will unseat them. I think we are recruiting for needs and to me that's the most important reason of all! RTR!
Agreed. It is going to take something fairly amazing for us to catch them but we will end up #2 and finish strong. We know who our most competitive team is outside the SEC is going to be. We will make Urban quit again.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Not an informed comment, but that LB prospect out of Vidalia, Nate McBride, just looks like a linebacker. I guess he's Georgia's to lose.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't keep up with recruiting year round like I use to but I kinda had this gut feeling that 2017 would be a lot like 2010. That class was a little lower than the the prior two simply because there wasn't as much obvious day 1 play time opportunities due to the 2008 and 2009 classes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.