Link: 'Oppressed' Kaepernick acting like a punk

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
But some do. And that's the sad part of it. He isn't really making a statement. One thing he talks about is the same ole thing BLM talks about. But they are dead silent when it comes to BoB crime.

Boy, 9 years old in Chicago executed by gang members. All are quiet on the home front. This fake outrage has to stop.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
The fact that he can refuse to stand and face no repercussion from the government is proof that he's dead wrong. Pull this in North Korea and he'd find his head no longer attached to his body in less than a day.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006

Re: 'Oppressed' Kaepernick ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ a punk

Your thread title has an error in it...he's not acting.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
so i guess when the 49ers don't play him or cut him, he can have an excuse as to why?
I figured that's what puts this in the Michael Sam/Jason Collins category - come out (literally in their cases) and be controversial when it's becoming obvious your career is either about over (Collins) or not even going to start (Sam) and use it as a political pressure on the team or league. Because the details get lost to history and the mythical tale becomes chronological. Can't you just see the SI article five years from now?

"After Kaepernick made public his stance against police brutality, he never played again and was cut soon thereafter. Many (re: almost nobody) believe his expulsion from football was a direct result of his controversial stance. This, after all, was a player so talented that his first year as a starter he came within one play of winning the Super Bowl and his second year within one play of returning to the championship, something no quarterback in history ever managed to accomplish. Two seasons later, thanks to a fired head coach and racial disharmony, Kaepernick's bold stance suddenly found him on the unemployment line, a victim of his stance against oppression. Yet again, the NFL simply couldn't deal with the militant black willing to tell white America the truth."

I mean, is this not the probable outcome of this nonsense?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I figured that's what puts this in the Michael Sam/Jason Collins category - come out (literally in their cases) and be controversial when it's becoming obvious your career is either about over (Collins) or not even going to start (Sam) and use it as a political pressure on the team or league. Because the details get lost to history and the mythical tale becomes chronological. Can't you just see the SI article five years from now?

"After Kaepernick made public his stance against police brutality, he never played again and was cut soon thereafter. Many (re: almost nobody) believe his expulsion from football was a direct result of his controversial stance. This, after all, was a player so talented that his first year as a starter he came within one play of winning the Super Bowl and his second year within one play of returning to the championship, something no quarterback in history ever managed to accomplish. Two seasons later, thanks to a fired head coach and racial disharmony, Kaepernick's bold stance suddenly found him on the unemployment line, a victim of his stance against oppression. Yet again, the NFL simply couldn't deal with the militant black willing to tell white America the truth."

I mean, is this not the probable outcome of this nonsense?
a 30 for 30 episode in the waiting

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I believe he is being honest about his feelings about the anthem. But if he gets cut it is because of his lack of talent. If Cam Newton does this I think the Panthers would keep him around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
If he's going to wait until the country is perfect until he stands, he's gonna be sitting a long time. But he did get people talking. That's the thing about freedom of speech - you don't have to be "right". You do get to enter the marketplace of ideas and make your case.
If Kaepernick wants to learn about patriotism in the face of oppression, maybe he could talk with some of the Tuskegee Airmen who are still around. Or maybe he could support the Boys and Girls Clubs (perhaps he already does) who give kids better things to do than get in trouble with the law. Sitting during the anthem is about as effective as a social media hashtag - it gets people talking but doesn't do much else.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
If he's going to wait until the country is perfect until he stands, he's gonna be sitting a long time. But he did get people talking. That's the thing about freedom of speech - you don't have to be "right". You do get to enter the marketplace of ideas and make your case.
If Kaepernick wants to learn about patriotism in the face of oppression, maybe he could talk with some of the Tuskegee Airmen who are still around. Or maybe he could support the Boys and Girls Clubs (perhaps he already does) who give kids better things to do than get in trouble with the law. Sitting during the anthem is about as effective as a social media hashtag - it gets people talking but doesn't do much else.
It certainly doesn't promote a conversation.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rodney-harrison-on-colin-kaepernicks-anthem-protest-hes-not-black/

Rodney Harrison says Colin is not black.....

"I tell you this, I'm a black man. And Colin Kaepernick -- he's not black," Harrison said on iHeartRadio (h/t Sporting News). "He cannot understand what I face and what other young black men and black people face, or people of color face, on a every single (day) basis. When you walk in a grocery store, and you might have $2,000 or $3,000 in your pocket and you go up in to a Foot Locker and they're looking at you like you about to steal something. You know, I don't think he faces those type of things that we face on a daily basis."

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
What does someone look like when "they're looking at you like you about to steal something"? Harrison may be seeing what he wants to (or thinks he should) see. Plus, somebody watching doesn't necessarily have anything to do with race.

Kaepernick doesn't have to be any particular race to believe the United States of America is oppressing black people and others (people of color?).

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.