Link: 'Oppressed' Kaepernick acting like a punk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Now a Navy petty officer is getting in on the act.
I do not think this will end well for her. Of course, there are thoughtless people who will say it is her right as an African-American not to stand during the national anthem, and when she gets separated from the Navy, that decision will be decried as "racist."
Then again, there may be some who will say the Navy is "acting stupidly" in this case and let his disobedience stand.
I think some UCMJ is definitely in order here. And if she wants to go into politics, she can do it as a civilian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Now let me ask the obvious question - what FREEDOM does SHE not have?
I'd imagine when off duty and in civilian attire, she is free to sit, kneel, lie down or assume whatever yoga pose she feels is appropriate as a form of protest.

When in uniform, though, there are certain customs and courtesies that are expected and one of them is standing at attention when the anthem is played. I would imagine some form of nonjudicial punishment would be the result.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I'd imagine when off duty and in civilian attire, she is free to sit, kneel, lie down or assume whatever yoga pose she feels is appropriate as a form of protest.

When in uniform, though, there are certain customs and courtesies that are expected and one of them is standing at attention when the anthem is played. I would imagine some form of nonjudicial punishment would be the result.
Back in the day :), you always considered yourself in uniform even when you weren't.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
1st Major American Sports Org Bans Kneeling During Anthem
US Soccer says national team players must 'stand respectfully'
Holden tweeted a photo of the new rule, which states all national team players must "stand respectfully" during the anthem. That covers kneeling, as well as turning one's back on the flag and other potentially disrespectful actions, according to Fox Sports. The rule doesn't specify any punishment for kneelers, and US Soccer president Sunil Gulati says consequences will be figured out if/when necessary.

http://www.newser.com/story/239290/us-soccer-bans-kneeling-during-national-anthem.html

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Absolutely.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...k-signings-contract/xuaiqfa1k1z41bshdrqbylbw7

...the Bleacher Report explanation is much more plausible — and NFL executives no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt that their decisions are football-related.

They might be able to get away with them being money-related, except that there is nothing definitive about what Kaepernick wants to get paid. Then again … $18.5 million for Mike Glennon. To be a starter.
Of course this isn't about football. It’s about maintaining the status quo, or what NFL teams believe that to be. It's about not ruffling feathers, or at least the feathers NFL teams care about ruffling.
If Kaepernick is going to mix non-football matters with football, of course NFL executives should be able to do the same.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...k-signings-contract/xuaiqfa1k1z41bshdrqbylbw7

If Kaepernick is going to mix non-football matters with football, of course NFL executives should be able to do the same.
Tim Tebow wasn't kept in the NFL because they hated Christians, he was removed because he wasn't a good football player.

Michael Sam isn't out of the NFL because he's gay, he's out because he's not an NFL caliber football player.

And Colin Kaepernick will be out of the NFL NOT because of his protest, he's out because he's lousy.

Do any of you think that if this was Matt Ryan that NFL execs would be saying, "Wow, he can turn a franchise around but.....that protest....?" Of course not. Same with Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott. Colin is going to have PLENTY of time to spend on his knees now that he needs a new gig. I'm sure he'll find Jesus and become a spokesperson for 'how I was oppressed as a millionaire black man.'

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18954154/spike-lee-calls-nfl-teams-failure-sign-free-agent-qb-colin-kaepernick

LOL! Spike believes he's being black balled too. That "free speech" thing cuts both ways. Now that it's cutting against Kaepernick it's somehow "unfair" I guess.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit and I applaud any NFL team who disagreed with his actions for not signing him because of it. It's good to see both sides being able to exercise their free speech. It's what makes this country great. Standing up for things you believe in many times comes with a price tag. Here's your bill. Hope it was worth it.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I get so tired of this mess. I support and will die for their freedom but with freedom comes responsibility. If CK and others are feeling so oppressed, I seem to recall the borders are open for them to leave and go somewhere else. No one is forcing them to live in the USA. However, they can go to Iran, Iraq, and other places and try this crap and see what happens. Truth is that no other country in the world offers them this freedom they have here. So they need to appreciate it IMHO. Where else can they make millions playing with a ball? Has any of the Hollywood elitists who said they would leave if Trump was elected left yet? No don't think so that I am aware of. What's holding them back?

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I get so tired of this mess. I support and will die for their freedom but with freedom comes responsibility. If CK and others are feeling so oppressed, I seem to recall the borders are open for them to leave and go somewhere else. No one is forcing them to live in the USA. However, they can go to Iran, Iraq, and other places and try this crap and see what happens. Truth is that no other country in the world offers them this freedom they have here. So they need to appreciate it IMHO. Where else can they make millions playing with a ball? Has any of the Hollywood elitists who said they would leave if Trump was elected left yet? No don't think so that I am aware of. What's holding them back?
you mention borders open for them. No borders are as open as ours.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Tom Coughlin says "zero chance" of the Jags hiring CK.

For all the folks talking about protesting because CK is not in the league, go ahead. Pool your money, buy yourself a team and hire CK as your QB.
The reason he is not playing is not because of his race (I honestly believe that NFL owners and coaches could not care less about a player's race), or his national anthem "protests," but because he is just not that good. He does not give a team a better chance of winning.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Tom Coughlin says "zero chance" of the Jags hiring CK.

For all the folks talking about protesting because CK is not in the league, go ahead. Pool your money, buy yourself a team and hire CK as your QB.
The reason he is not playing is not because of his race (I honestly believe that NFL owners and coaches could not care less about a player's race), or his national anthem "protests," but because he is just not that good. He does not give a team a better chance of winning.
Bingo! Just a few days ago talk radio here was a buzz with the prospect of the Eagles getting CK as a backup QB. There was speculation that the current backup QB, Nick Foles was injured and could not play. Most fans did not want him. The opinion here is his talent doesn't make up for his garbage. One player for the Eagles came out and said he wasn't worth the distractions.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Every other single guy protested the anthem EXCEPT CK is still playing in the NFL. THAT ALONE proves that this is a business decision.

Btw - can I please refute one particular line of reasoning I'm getting sick of hearing? There's a cottage industry out there to defending CK that goes like this:

a) he's better than (names of lousy backups)
b) he threw 16 TDs and only 4 INT last year!!!

Let's deal with each of these.

First of all, it's hardly an endorsement of athletic ability to say you're better than the worst backup QB in the NFL. Thousands of others could make that same claim and yet nobody is arguing for them to be signed to NFL contracts.

Secondly - where in the hell did we EVER get the idea that SIXTEEN TDs in a 16-game NFL schedule is a GOOD STAT? Twenty-four other NFL quarterbacks threw for more touchdowns. Oh, but Colin only played 12 games, right? That still makes him 19th in average TDs per game.

Wanna hear some stats the CK tongue bathers don't ever quote?

1) His completion percentage of 59.2 is 26th in a 32-team league. Keep in mind this is inflated because he throws a lot of short outs, which anybody with one arm should be capable of doing.

2) He's 29th out of 32 in passing yards.

3) His QBR is 23rd; I'm actually amazed one of his dolts hasn't pointed out he's higher than Cam Newton in this stat.

4) He's 29 years old playing a position that has an average of ELEVEN NEW ONES drafted every single year and has an average age of about 28 that is inflated by five QBS 35 or older.

In other words, if he's actually an NFL caliber player, he should be hitting his peak right now.

And his peak isn't all that good.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I'm not getting bent out of shape like the Cleveland Police Union over players kneeling during the national anthem. That said, yeah CK sucks as a NFL QB and this is nothing more than a business decision. I don't really like the narrative being pushed otherwise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.