Link: 'Oppressed' Kaepernick acting like a punk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The 49ers' response is interesting.

The 49ers acknowledged in a statement that Kaepernick sat on the team's bench during the national anthem before their game against the Green Bay Packers in Santa Clara, California.

"The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pregame ceremony," the statement said. "It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose to participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."
Seems pretty common for an organization to part ways with an employee whose conduct doesn't reflect well on the organization -- there is no free speech in most such cases.

I assume Kaepernick has a provision in his contract that reads substantially as follows: "...if Player has engaged in personal conduct reasonably judged by Club to adversely affect or reflect on Club, then Club may terminate this contract." It's one thing for Kaepernick to sit...it's a totally different thing for him to vocalize his sentiments.

Are the 49ers really celebrating the national anthem as they say if the organization tolerates an employee showing and openly expressing his disrespect for the ceremony at a 49ers-sponsored event?

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Colin Kaepernick, the one-time Super Bowl quarterback who can't even beat out Blaine Gabbert for a job and is in the upper 1% of the upper 1% salary-wise suddenly after all these years decides to play the oppressed black man. I wonder how much money he has contributed to evacuating Baton Rouge (50% black population) from the flooding our President couldn't be taken away from his white bourgeois sport to actually do anything about. My guess is that it's the same as I have (and I have family there) but I probably make 1/2,000th of what he does, and I'm not complaining about this country.

And why not just carry out the protest silently like maybe not showing up on the sidelines until after the anthem plays?

For the record, I support his so-called First Amendment right to protest, but that same document gives me the right to call him the pretentious piece of versatile trash he is, too. And please spare me the Ali and Kareem comparisons. Colin doesn't have to use a 'colored only' bathroom or stay in a 'blacks only' thanks to those guys. He doesn't make 1/2 what a white guy with the same lack of talent makes thanks to those guys. And he isn't being drafted into a senseless war by a nation that doesn't even recognize his rights. So please - no Ali, Kareem, Tommie Smith/John Carlos comparisons.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He doesn't understand what oppression is. He has privilege now, especially with the money he makes. I swear I can't stand people like him. I'm a vet. I don't do the pledge nor sing the national anthem, but there is a thing called respect.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Exactly. I'm a vet and same here. But I DO show respect by not making a public spectacle of it.

Exactly. I'm a vet and same here. But I DO show respect by not making a public spectacle of it.
But some do. And that's the sad part of it. He isn't really making a statement. One thing he talks about is the same ole thing BLM talks about. But they are dead silent when it comes to BoB crime.

Boy, 9 years old in Chicago executed by gang members. All are quiet on the home front. This fake outrage has to stop.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Kaepernick doesn't appear to be saying that he is personally oppressed:

There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.
His protest appears to be pointed toward police killing black people.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
His protest appears to be pointed toward police killing black people.
But it's a protest without a shred of evidence is the problem. Let's talk about these 'bodies in the street.' First of all, let's just do some simple analysis: I'll use 2015 because it was a complete year.

1) How many TOTAL black persons have been killed by police in 2015?

Answer: 258

2) How many TOTAL UNARMED persons killed by police in 2015?

Answer: 93 (since the beginning of 2016 there have been 38 unarmed people total killed by police)

Okay, so we have less than 100 total people who were not armed (which better not be confused with 'not dangerous') killed by cops in 2015. That's in a nation of nearly 319 million people and taking into account literally MILLIONS of police/civilian interactions for the year. Let's just call it a million for round numbers, I'm sure it's much higher than that when you figure the total number of cops and total number of calls, but I'll use 1 million for a round number. That means the odds of ANY person (not a BLACK person, ANY) being unarmed and getting killed by a cop is 0.0001%. The numbers no doubt increase exponentially when you figure that blacks are only a small percentage of the population but probably have (on average) a much higher percentage of police interactions, particularly in the inner cities.

Oh.....and believe it or not, NOT EVERY COP who killed a BLACK unarmed civilian was white, either.

Here's a list of names of the identified black unarmed persons killed at the hands of police in 2015:

1) Keith Childress - had a warrant served by the US marshals and his cell phone mistaken for a gun
2) Bettie Jones - accidental shooting when she answered the door (good luck justifying this one)
3) Kevin Mathews - sought for arrest and struggled with the officer
4) Michael Noel - resisting arrest (in his 'defense,' he was mentally ill)
5) Miguel Espinal - killed after police car chase where he crashed and ran into a wooded area
6) Nathanael Harris Pickett - attacked the deputy attempting to arrest him, history of mental illness
7) Jamar Clark - disputed tale of whether he was resisting arrest or not (witnesses say no, investigation ongoing)
8) Bennie Lee Tignor - this was in Opelika btw, he resisted arrest and led police on a chase, shooting occurred as officer attempted to take him into custody
9) Anthony Ashford - attempted to grab cop's gun after they'd been called to quell a disturbance at a Holiday Inn
10) Kobvey Igbuhay - fled police and ran into a swamp, held a police dog underwater and struggled with cop
11) Junior Prosper - was shot with a stun gun after resisting arrest and biting the officer - and then shot with a real gun (for those who always use the old 'they should have de-escalated' argument)
12) Keith McLeod - forged a prescription and then fled when officers arrived
13) India Kager - she was traveling with a murder suspect when cops approached the car; the suspect began firing at officers who returned fire...and hit Kager
14) Felix Kumi - accidentally killed when a suspect at a gun sting pointed a weapon at an officer, who fired at the suspect (which was not Kumi)
15) Ashams Manley - crashed a car, fled, and then struggled with officers trying to grab one's gun
16) Christian Taylor - that was the one here in Arlington where the high as a kite guy was smashing car windshields (we had a thread on here about it). The officer was almost immediately fired but not indicted.
17) Samuel DuBose - stopped for no plate, he tried to flee and was killed by the officer when trying to flee
18) Darrius Stewart - resisted arrest when cops attempted to handcuff and was killed
19) Albert Davis - served with a warrant, fled, struggled with police and was killed
20) Salvado Ellswood - was told to leave, punched officer and resisted arrest
21) Victor Larosa - during a drug sting he ran his car into a police car, fled on foot, and reached for a waistband when he turned toward officer
22) Spencer McCain - police called to domestic violence call and he threatened suicide so they assumed he had gun
23) Kris Jackson - shot while escaping through a hotel window when police were called about a woman screaming
24) Brendon Glenn - homeless, first scuffled with a bouncer and then two cops during detention attempt
25) David Felix - a diagnosed schizophrenic, cops tried to interview him about a robbery and he struck officer in head with officer's own radio
26) William Chapman - shoplifting suspect who resisted arrest attempt in parking lot
27) Frank Shepard - after police chase he got out; when he attempted to reach into his car, cops shot him
28) Walter Scott- shot after he fled a traffic stop
29) Eric Harris - this is the guy who the cop was supposedly trying to fire a Taser and pulled the real gun instead - of course, nothing is fired at all if he's not resisting multiple cops but anyway)
30) Brandon Jones - killed after he came out of grocery store he had broken into
31) Bobby Gross - rushed at officer's with a large tree branch; probably mentally ill
32) Anthony Hill - in Atlanta, naked man rushed at cops; he was a veteran with mental illness issues
33) Tony Robinson - high on mushrooms, he charged (allegedly) cops as they entered to arrest him
34) Naeschaylus Visant - shot by cops in Colorado trying to serve him an arrest warrant
35) Charly Keunang - homeless, mentally ill, altercation with cop in CA
36) Thomas Allen - passenger in stopped car; he tried to drive away and was shot
37) LaVall Hall - bipolar, refused to drop a broomstick handle, killed by police
38) Jeremy Lett - questioned by officer about robbery, he attacked officer and was shot five times
39) Artago Howard - shot by cop who had responded to burglary alarm...at a pharmacy

==============

So you have a total of 39 dead black people at the hands of cops and ALMOST all of them were resisting arrest. Yeah, there's a few 'innocent victims' in there, I'll agree, but there's simply not a systematic problem here. I'll be the first to say that 39 is 39 too many but the simple truth is that most of them would be alive if they simply didn't resist arrest.

So who exactly is Colin K talking about here? And btw, 93-39 means 54 were another race - most of them WHITE, in fact. Does this not overturn the entire narrative? Oh and btw, the whites killed by cops were ALSO primarily resisting arrest. And let's be honest - not ALL of these 39 dead black people were killed by WHITE cops, either.

And btw, we're such an 'oppressive' nation right now that we have a twice elected BLACK man as President, and he carried 43% of the white vote and then 39% of it four years later. He got more of the white vote than Jimmy Carter did when Carter ran for re-election in 1980, meaning more whites went for the black guy incumbent AND as a non-incumbent than for the white dude from the South. Obama's 43% in 2008 was a higher percentage of the white vote than either Gore or Kerry got, higher than Dukakis or Mondale, and higher than Clinton in 1992 (though to be fair that was in part because of Perot obviously).

But I dare say that if I point to those 'dead bodies in the street' caused by black on black crime, the only response to call me a 'racist' or say I'm only bringing up that issue to not address 'the real issue of cops killing blacks.' The most updated list (as they're always adding data) I have is for 2013 and comes from the FBI - there were 2,491 blacks killed in 2013 and 2,245 of the murderers were black. That's 90% and there's another 37 where the race of the killer is unknown.

So private citizens are killing 2,491 blacks live that SHOULD matter and not one damned word except to whine about the introduction of what is deemed a 'side issue.' But if it's REALLY black lives that matter, it's fair to ask why you don't have the same zeal for the 2,491 dead as you do for the 39 dead, too.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
How about this low life, POS go play football in Syria, or anywhere else there is sand in the middle east.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
But it's a protest without a shred of evidence is the problem. Let's talk about these 'bodies in the street.' First of all, let's just do some simple analysis: I'll use 2015 because it was a complete year.

1) How many TOTAL black persons have been killed by police in 2015?

Answer: 258

2) How many TOTAL UNARMED persons killed by police in 2015?

Answer: 93 (since the beginning of 2016 there have been 38 unarmed people total killed by police)

Okay, so we have less than 100 total people who were not armed (which better not be confused with 'not dangerous') killed by cops in 2015. That's in a nation of nearly 319 million people and taking into account literally MILLIONS of police/civilian interactions for the year. Let's just call it a million for round numbers, I'm sure it's much higher than that when you figure the total number of cops and total number of calls, but I'll use 1 million for a round number. That means the odds of ANY person (not a BLACK person, ANY) being unarmed and getting killed by a cop is 0.0001%. The numbers no doubt increase exponentially when you figure that blacks are only a small percentage of the population but probably have (on average) a much higher percentage of police interactions, particularly in the inner cities.

Oh.....and believe it or not, NOT EVERY COP who killed a BLACK unarmed civilian was white, either.

Here's a list of names of the identified black unarmed persons killed at the hands of police in 2015:

1) Keith Childress - had a warrant served by the US marshals and his cell phone mistaken for a gun
2) Bettie Jones - accidental shooting when she answered the door (good luck justifying this one)
3) Kevin Mathews - sought for arrest and struggled with the officer
4) Michael Noel - resisting arrest (in his 'defense,' he was mentally ill)
5) Miguel Espinal - killed after police car chase where he crashed and ran into a wooded area
6) Nathanael Harris Pickett - attacked the deputy attempting to arrest him, history of mental illness
7) Jamar Clark - disputed tale of whether he was resisting arrest or not (witnesses say no, investigation ongoing)
8) Bennie Lee Tignor - this was in Opelika btw, he resisted arrest and led police on a chase, shooting occurred as officer attempted to take him into custody
9) Anthony Ashford - attempted to grab cop's gun after they'd been called to quell a disturbance at a Holiday Inn
10) Kobvey Igbuhay - fled police and ran into a swamp, held a police dog underwater and struggled with cop
11) Junior Prosper - was shot with a stun gun after resisting arrest and biting the officer - and then shot with a real gun (for those who always use the old 'they should have de-escalated' argument)
12) Keith McLeod - forged a prescription and then fled when officers arrived
13) India Kager - she was traveling with a murder suspect when cops approached the car; the suspect began firing at officers who returned fire...and hit Kager
14) Felix Kumi - accidentally killed when a suspect at a gun sting pointed a weapon at an officer, who fired at the suspect (which was not Kumi)
15) Ashams Manley - crashed a car, fled, and then struggled with officers trying to grab one's gun
16) Christian Taylor - that was the one here in Arlington where the high as a kite guy was smashing car windshields (we had a thread on here about it). The officer was almost immediately fired but not indicted.
17) Samuel DuBose - stopped for no plate, he tried to flee and was killed by the officer when trying to flee
18) Darrius Stewart - resisted arrest when cops attempted to handcuff and was killed
19) Albert Davis - served with a warrant, fled, struggled with police and was killed
20) Salvado Ellswood - was told to leave, punched officer and resisted arrest
21) Victor Larosa - during a drug sting he ran his car into a police car, fled on foot, and reached for a waistband when he turned toward officer
22) Spencer McCain - police called to domestic violence call and he threatened suicide so they assumed he had gun
23) Kris Jackson - shot while escaping through a hotel window when police were called about a woman screaming
24) Brendon Glenn - homeless, first scuffled with a bouncer and then two cops during detention attempt
25) David Felix - a diagnosed schizophrenic, cops tried to interview him about a robbery and he struck officer in head with officer's own radio
26) William Chapman - shoplifting suspect who resisted arrest attempt in parking lot
27) Frank Shepard - after police chase he got out; when he attempted to reach into his car, cops shot him
28) Walter Scott- shot after he fled a traffic stop
29) Eric Harris - this is the guy who the cop was supposedly trying to fire a Taser and pulled the real gun instead - of course, nothing is fired at all if he's not resisting multiple cops but anyway)
30) Brandon Jones - killed after he came out of grocery store he had broken into
31) Bobby Gross - rushed at officer's with a large tree branch; probably mentally ill
32) Anthony Hill - in Atlanta, naked man rushed at cops; he was a veteran with mental illness issues
33) Tony Robinson - high on mushrooms, he charged (allegedly) cops as they entered to arrest him
34) Naeschaylus Visant - shot by cops in Colorado trying to serve him an arrest warrant
35) Charly Keunang - homeless, mentally ill, altercation with cop in CA
36) Thomas Allen - passenger in stopped car; he tried to drive away and was shot
37) LaVall Hall - bipolar, refused to drop a broomstick handle, killed by police
38) Jeremy Lett - questioned by officer about robbery, he attacked officer and was shot five times
39) Artago Howard - shot by cop who had responded to burglary alarm...at a pharmacy

==============

So you have a total of 39 dead black people at the hands of cops and ALMOST all of them were resisting arrest. Yeah, there's a few 'innocent victims' in there, I'll agree, but there's simply not a systematic problem here. I'll be the first to say that 39 is 39 too many but the simple truth is that most of them would be alive if they simply didn't resist arrest.

So who exactly is Colin K talking about here? And btw, 93-39 means 54 were another race - most of them WHITE, in fact. Does this not overturn the entire narrative? Oh and btw, the whites killed by cops were ALSO primarily resisting arrest. And let's be honest - not ALL of these 39 dead black people were killed by WHITE cops, either.

And btw, we're such an 'oppressive' nation right now that we have a twice elected BLACK man as President, and he carried 43% of the white vote and then 39% of it four years later. He got more of the white vote than Jimmy Carter did when Carter ran for re-election in 1980, meaning more whites went for the black guy incumbent AND as a non-incumbent than for the white dude from the South. Obama's 43% in 2008 was a higher percentage of the white vote than either Gore or Kerry got, higher than Dukakis or Mondale, and higher than Clinton in 1992 (though to be fair that was in part because of Perot obviously).

But I dare say that if I point to those 'dead bodies in the street' caused by black on black crime, the only response to call me a 'racist' or say I'm only bringing up that issue to not address 'the real issue of cops killing blacks.' The most updated list (as they're always adding data) I have is for 2013 and comes from the FBI - there were 2,491 blacks killed in 2013 and 2,245 of the murderers were black. That's 90% and there's another 37 where the race of the killer is unknown.

So private citizens are killing 2,491 blacks live that SHOULD matter and not one damned word except to whine about the introduction of what is deemed a 'side issue.' But if it's REALLY black lives that matter, it's fair to ask why you don't have the same zeal for the 2,491 dead as you do for the 39 dead, too.
Fair enough, but I wasn't making a statement based on facts and figures. I was simply pointing out Kaepernick's statement. Thanks though for the lecture.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Fair enough, but I wasn't making a statement based on facts and figures. I was simply pointing out Kaepernick's statement. Thanks though for the lecture.
No, I got you.

I'll go further - I FULLY support his right to protest. But given what I pointed out WHAT is he protesting exactly?

The truth, though, is this - we DO have a two-faced criminal justice system, but it's not a 'black/white' problem so much as a 'rich/poor' problem. Since you have more 'poor' blacks, it obviously falls on them disproportionately. Let's be real - if a black soldier on food stamps (no racist joke intended, there are MANY soldiers on food stamps) had pulled with classified info what Hildabeast did, do you think they receive the same punishment?

Of course not, and we know a white one doesn't as the recent case showed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.