Pick the score: Alabama vs. USC

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Sip is a little biased on who the QB should be since he called Jalen would be the starter. I am hoping our 4* and 5* OL, RB's, WR's and our starting QB don't see our offense being 35 pts less without Jalen at the helm.
Now now TJ. If you look back I said that "I think" that Jalen should be the starter because I do. But, I also said that I thought Cooper would actually start game one with Jalen having a great chance to come in early. However I don't think he'll play much at all if he's indeed really number three and that's going to hurt us in my opinion.
I don't think we can line up and run over this USC team and will need to throw some deep balls to loosen them up.
I hope Cooper surprises me with a sudden ability to do that and also to read the option.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Now now TJ. If you look back I said that "I think" that Jalen should be the starter because I do. But, I also said that I thought Cooper would actually start game one with Jalen having a great chance to come in early. However I don't think he'll play much at all if he's indeed really number three and that's going to hurt us in my opinion.
I don't think we can line up and run over this USC team and will need to throw some deep balls to loosen them up.
I hope Cooper surprises me with a sudden ability to do that and also to read the option.
I'm assuming the coaching staff had more belief in Batemans ability than the other guys, or they would be the named starter...

Saying that, I really believe that we'll see some packages for hurts...and possibly even Barnett.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Apologies on the definitive call on Jalen. I agree on deep balls and I think that is the reason Blake will get some PT. Honestly, I think we will see Jalen in the first half of the season when he learns more about the offense and can make all or most of the calls and make sure people are in the right place. He is the future IMO.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I very rarely make predictions in here, but if I were to right now it would be too close for comfort.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Apologies on the definitive call on Jalen. I agree on deep balls and I think that is the reason Blake will get some PT. Honestly, I think we will see Jalen in the first half of the season when he learns more about the offense and can make all or most of the calls and make sure people are in the right place. He is the future IMO.
Well, I'll be pulling for whoever is taking snaps and hope they play one heck of a game.
I will be glad however when Jalen does get an opportunity because I feel that he'll make the most of it.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I do not think this is going to be a high scoring game. Alabama's defense is too good and I think they'll hold USC in check. The only way USC scores more than 17 will be because of turnovers. I also have a feeling our offense is going to sputter quite a bit. Just a feeling, though. As long as the sputtering does not include turnovers, I think we'll be able to score more than 17 points.

Alabama - 24
USC - 17

I think there will be a lot of athleticism on display from both sides. In the end, Alabama is better in the trenches, and we will wear them down in the 4th quarter with Bo and Harris.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
should be a physical matchup, closer game, with bateman, and Barnett at qb. a lot of growing pains on offense for this one.Alabama 27USC 20

DollarTaker

Suspended
Jul 17, 2015
Destin, FL
USC 17-Bama 9.

Sorry, I just don't like the QB choices named for Sat. night for my team right now based on what I have seen from those 2, past or present in game situations.

If Jalen Hurts starts or plays at least 3 quarters in relief, Bama 24-14 in a come from behind win.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Three Touchdowns and two fieldgoals for the team in Crimson. Two touchdowns and one field goal for the Warriors of Troy. For you Auburn gawkers, that is 27-17! READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!
RTR!!!

The last two years we have given up 17 plus points in the openers. We don't usually blow out Power 5 teams in the first game. The game is usually close but never in doubt. Clemson and Michigan are the two we did, but the game is usually like both vt games and Wisconsin.
I see. The VT game is the caveat to the rule. WIS game was 35-10 before a meaningless TD at the end. We usually dominate the first game of the season no matter who it is. Only 2009 VT (34-24) and 2014 WV was close. VT 2013 was a blow out (35-10). 2 out 8 seasons close (2008-2015). Bama's basically dominated the power 5.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
USC 17-Bama 9.

Sorry, I just don't like the QB choices named for Sat. night for my team right now based on what I have seen from those 2, past or present in game situations.

If Jalen Hurts starts or plays at least 3 quarters in relief, Bama 24-14 in a come from behind win.
That wouldn't surprise me.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
Under Saban, Bama has always come out the gate firing on all cylinders. With the only exception being West Virginia, we had serious problems with their Elite WR. We have a better secondary, hopefully, so I don't see that happening against USC. I think Bateman starts an struggles. Barnett comes in relief an takes charge on the big stage!

Bama 31
USC 13
RTR!!😎

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I see. The VT game is the caveat to the rule. WIS game was 35-10 before a meaningless TD at the end. We usually dominate the first game of the season no matter who it is. Only 2009 VT (34-24) and 2014 WV was close. VT 2013 was a blow out (35-10). 2 out 8 seasons close (2008-2015). Bama's basically dominated the power 5.

The question wasn't whether it was a close game, it was could USC score 17. I got the game being 27-17 because I think it will be like a 17-7 halftime kinda game and a 20-10 going into the 4th kinda game. I can see us putting the game away by a td with like 6 minutes remaining and can easily see them answering with a desperation touchdown. 17 points is very manageable for USC in the first game of the season with some kinks to work out on offense and maybe a little rust on defense. I just think it's going to be the typical 1st game of the year that we are used to.

Fwiw also the 2013 vt game was a game that Christian jones took over a very meh game by us as a whole. And not to mention that that game, 08 Clemson, and 2012 Michigan were all started by returning starter qbs. So maybe that adds to the score margin. The 09 vt and 14 vt games were more or less dogfights, and the 15 Wisconsin game was tight going into the half 14-7. All three of those were by new starters.

The question wasn't whether it was a close game, it was could USC score 17. I got the game being 27-17 because I think it will be like a 17-7 halftime kinda game and a 20-10 going into the 4th kinda game. I can see us putting the game away by a td with like 6 minutes remaining and can easily see them answering with a desperation touchdown. 17 points is very manageable for USC in the first game of the season with some kinks to work out on offense and maybe a little rust on defense. I just think it's going to be the typical 1st game of the year that we are used to.

Fwiw also the 2013 vt game was a game that Christian jones took over a very meh game by us as a whole. And not to mention that that game, 08 Clemson, and 2012 Michigan were all started by returning starter qbs. So maybe that adds to the score margin. The 09 vt and 14 vt games were more or less dogfights, and the 15 Wisconsin game was tight going into the half 14-7. All three of those were by new starters.
I should have specified what I pointed out in what you said. I'll do better next time.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Lots of talk about the QBs...but I believe USC will have their hands full with Bo and Damien coming right at them. We run the ball. That hasn't changed.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
9 points for Alabama? That is comical. USC has no defense. You are being a little dramatic.
USC 17-Bama 9.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.