Pick the score: Alabama vs. USC

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
USC 17-Bama 9.

Sorry, I just don't like the QB choices named for Sat. night for my team right now based on what I have seen from those 2, past or present in game situations.

If Jalen Hurts starts or plays at least 3 quarters in relief, Bama 24-14 in a come from behind win.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is the first time in a while I've struggled with a prediction for this game. I personally feel like both teams has an opportunity to win the game, but I'll say this on the record. We pull away in late 3rd and win the game 37-21.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This is the first time in a while I've struggled with a prediction for this game. I personally feel like both teams has an opportunity to win the game, but I'll say this on the record. We pull away in late 3rd and win the game 37-21.
If we give up 21, I'll be worried.....

Then again, Bo could go off for 200 yards and 3 scores....

We shall see....

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I take it you're rich off predicting game scores since you're so quick to call folks out? Surely you are.
Not calling them out just giving an opinion based on our typical opener scores and their roster has a lot of talented 4* and 5* guys. The folks in Vegas are usually very accurate and right also. I hope we win by 35 pts but I would be surprised based on the facts. We only beat 1 FBS team by more than 28 pts last year (Mich St).

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Normally, here's where I'd chime in and say "A lot to a little, in favor of the good guys."

BUT.....going through all my info from friends in certain places:

Keep your flasks full.....might be bumpy.

Defense is legit though. So......

We'll win, but it'll be more Bama-West Virginia than Bama-Michigan.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Normally, here's where I'd chime in and say "A lot to a little, in favor of the good guys."

BUT.....going through all my info from friends in certain places:

Keep your flasks full.....might be bumpy.

Defense is legit though. So......

We'll win, but it'll be more Bama-West Virginia than Bama-Michigan.
I agree with your "defense is legit" statement - there are not a better starting 11 in CFB period, and USC has never seen that much speed and atheticism on a defense.
If USC scores 21 before the third quarter ends, Bama has a problem. Otherwise, Bama wins by 14.
Say 28-14 - maybe more if CB and or BB are farther along than we think.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I agree with your "defense is legit" statement - there are not a better starting 11 in CFB period, and USC has never seen that much speed and atheticism on a defense.
If USC scores 21 before the third quarter ends, Bama has a problem. Otherwise, Bama wins by 14.
Say 28-14 - maybe more if CB and or BB are farther along than we think.
In Kiffin we trust

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Alabama, 35-16 (Michigan got 14, VT got 10, WVA got 23, and Wisky got 17, so I'll split the difference; we got 41, 35, 33, and 35).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
USC 17-Bama 9.

Sorry, I just don't like the QB choices named for Sat. night for my team right now based on what I have seen from those 2, past or present in game situations.
If my choices were John Franklin 3 and Jeremy Johnson 2.0, I'd be worried, too. Given the fact Saban once won an SEC title when his QB went down in the first half to a national title contender (Rohan Davey at LSU in 2001) and this ain't his first rodeo, I'm not overly concerned on this.

If Jalen Hurts starts or plays at least 3 quarters in relief, Bama 24-14 in a come from behind win.
I'm curious as to how whether Hurts plays or not somehow reduces USC's point total.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If my choices were John Franklin 3 and Jeremy Johnson 2.0, I'd be worried, too. Given the fact Saban once won an SEC title when his QB went down in the first half to a national title contender (Rohan Davey at LSU in 2001) and this ain't his first rodeo, I'm not overly concerned on this.

I'm curious as to how whether Hurts plays or not somehow reduces USC's point total.
Moo math

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.