Link: Coaches Poll all time program rankings

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I think it's interesting that 9 SEC teams are ranked in their all-time Top 25. Admittedly, that includes Texas A&M and Arkansas, who were not in the SEC for many of those years, but it is still impressive. And 6 teams from the SEC Western Division are in their all-time Top 25.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
All-time? Absolutely.

Florida was basically Vanderbilt until the 90s.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Exactly. Florida has made up a ton of ground over the last 30 years but Auburn has a nice history going back to at least the 50s. (At least if you could take away their cultish obsession with Alabama).

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I don't have a big problem with that poll honestly. Its hard to refute Oklahoma and Ohio States all time history. But then again, its hard to refute ours too.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
All-time? Absolutely.

Yep. Florida was pretty much a gimme before Spurrier. All the Florida schools were kind of overlooked on the schedule. Not real bad teams, but middle of the road usually.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I wonder what the all time program rankings would be if we took the polls out of the equation and only used Hard Data like all time win % and conference championships. That would take voting out and use only wins. I am certain someone would find fault with that also.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
This is just a deliberate slam on Alabama.

We have more nattys, more bowl wins and more 10+ win seasons than anybody despite playing in the toughest league in the land.

Hell, Ohio State is below .500 in the bowls, Michigan too.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
This is just a deliberate slam on Alabama.

We have more nattys, more bowl wins and more 10+ win seasons than anybody despite playing in the toughest league in the land.

Hell, Ohio State is below .500 in the bowls, Michigan too.
I couldn't agree more, TommyMac.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Auburn ahead of Florida? LOL
Florida did not win their first SEC title until 1991 (well, they DID win it in 1984 but they got stripped in a 5-4 vote. One of the roots of the UT-Florida rivalry stems in part from UF being ticked that Tennessee voted to strip them of their first-ever title. (I do recall that Alabama, Auburn, and Vandy were three of the four teams that voted to let Florida keep their title that year).

So yes, Auburn HISTORICALLY is ahead of Florida. It's like the simple truth that Miami - despite a run of success over a 20-year span - is not really HISTORICALLY a huge deal. They had a great decade and another great half decade - that ain't USC, Alabama, Ohio State, or OU.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The poll makes a lot of sense if you think a national championship is worth as much as being ranked 25th.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not sure are you get your information. Btw, Vandy has a winning record vs Auburn and haven't faired so well with Florida.

ALL-TIME

Florida - 674-400-37 (.622)
Auburn - 714-417-43 (.627)

And Auburn had beaten Florida head-to-head 43-38-2

(If you're gonna use the Vandy argument historically, you have to use the head-to-head, too)

They've won more games.
They've got a higher percentage
They've beat UF head to head more times
They've won more bowl games
They've won a higher pct of bowl games

(How is this even a discussion????)

They've got the same number of Heisman winners.

Literally the only area UF surpasses them is national titles, and it's not exactly a huge lead (3-2).

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
All-time? Absolutely.

And, Coach Bryant called them a sleeping giant. With the right coach they would be really good. We've seen this since 1990.

Really before 1983 or so all of the state of FL programs were not very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And, Coach Bryant called them a sleeping giant. With the right coach they would be really good. We've seen this since 1990.

Really before 1983 or so all of the state of FL programs were not very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Generally speaking, yes. When they were good, they were inconsistent. And even Coach Bryant could never have forseen that massive influx of population (6.8 million in 1970, doubled by 1990, and is now almost 20 million).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.