Predictions for 2016 season

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Usually I put my helmet schedule SEC predictions in their own thread, but since there is already a prediction thread, I will put them here. Again, these are just for the SEC teams ordinarily, but I have added a few national predictions at the end to keep with the theme of the thread. As always, there are a few surprises to me when I actually finish with the picks, but I pick them one week at a time and just see how things play out. Read, enjoy, agree, or disagree!
SEC East-
Florida 8-4 (5-3) Losses- UT, LSU, Arky, FSU
UGA 8-4 (5-3) Losses- UNC, Ole Miss, UT, Florida
UK 7-5 (4-4) L's- UF, Bama, UGA, UT, Louisville
Missou 4-8 (1-7) Wins- E. Mich., Del. St., MTSU, Vandy
South Carolina 4-8 (1-7) wins- E. Car., UMass, Missou, W. Car.
UT 11-1 (7-1) L- Bama I am buying the hype on UT this year. Their schedule is tough, though, so they could easily drop a couple of games.
Vandy 4-8 (1-7) w's- SC, MTSU, WKU, Ten. St.

West-
Bama 11-1 (7-1) L- LSU We've been fortunate to escape Red Stick the last few times, but I think we get UT at a good time in their schedule for once.
Arky 6-6 (3-5) L's- TCU, A&M, Bama, Ole Miss, AU, MSU
AU 6-6 (3-5) L's- Clemson, LSU, MSU, Ole Miss, UGA, Bama I nearly went 5-7 with AU with the other loss being to A&M, but I changed it at the last minute due to it being a home game and their DL.
LSU 10-2 (6-2) L's- Arky, A&M Two tough road games after they play us give us another late season miracle that keeps us playing in Atlanta.
MSU 6-6 (3-5) L's- LSU, BYU, UK, A&M, Bama, Ole Miss
Ole Miss 8-4 (5-3) L's- FSU, Bama, LSU, A&M
A&M 9-3 (5-3) L's- AU, UT, Bama

Bama v UT in the SECCG! I would love to see this happen. I'm really not sure if we can manage our schedule with all the tough road games with only one loss, but we have more talent than most teams, so I'm picking us to win the SEC again even though the odds would suggest we will not. Sometimes you just have to go with the heart.
Final Four-
SEC (Bama), Big 10+ (OSU), ACC (Clemson), the fourth ? I'm really not sure, but I don't really like any of the Big 12- teams to make it, and I'm not really sold on any of the PAC 12 teams either. Anyway, the season is here, and I'm looking forward to seeing things play out on the field.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Playoffs.....

Bama
Michigan
Florida State
Stanford

Bama over Michigan
FSU over Stanford

Bama over FSU in the Championship

Heisman -- Fournette

Texas beats OU
LSU loses 3
UT loses to UF again.....

Bama sets the all-time record for sacks in a season....

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Minkah can't go though. He's a true soph.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Thanks for pointing that out. Getting old lol. Neither looked or played like our typical freshman CB's. I think Minkah's performance tricked me into believing he was a sophomore last year. As you pointed out, one has to stay, and if both do?........I think the best pair ever in their 3rd year of starting.

Thanks for pointing that out. Getting old lol. Neither looked or played like our typical freshman CB's. I think Minkah's performance tricked me into believing he was a sophomore last year. As you pointed out, one has to stay, and if both do?........I think the best pair ever in their 3rd year of starting.
Yeah, Humphrey may leave but we have a stud in Carter! If he does stay you are correct!

Danny Sheridan has Bama losing two possibly three games this season by the way. Don't remember him saying to who. I'm not so sure about that. It still depends on the QB but I think we will be fine though with the competition that was had and with what Kiffin does with the guy under center. There is somewhat a worry at center but I remember when Bozeman covered for Kelly in 2014 and we were like does Kelly even need to come back. I'm getting excited!

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
My prediction is there will be a new team record for passing yards in a season. This because I believe the coaches are going to 1) make a point of feeding our great WRs, 2) try to give some touches the the excellent second string WRs, 3) give OJ Howard more attempts. Also, 4) I think Bo is probably going to be a more effective receiver out of the backfield than DH was, so we may see an uptick there as well. It all adds up to a record year. Last year we passed the ball about 42% of the time. I believe it will be closer to 47-48% this year (comparable to Blake Sims' %).

Oh yeah, almost forgot... we get 17. Roll Tide!!!

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
SEC - LSU v Tennessee

Playoffs
LSU 13-0
FSU
OSU
Alabama 11-1 ranked #3

Bama again beats LSU in rematch, LSU fans call for Miles firing and committe investigation for pairing the SEC teams in round one
OSU beats FSU

Champion - OSU

Heisman - Fournette with lesser stats than in 2015. Note, if LSU misses playoffs, Christian McCaffrey wins it

Jalen Hurts red shirts (although Saban isn't the same coach he was in 2003, he was going to play super star recruit Jamarcus Russell but he said "I lost my guts" and stuck with a veteran in that championship season).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.