GA News: OnlineAthens - Jacob Eason ‘feels ready and comfortable’ to be UGA’s QB

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
August 28th, 2016 07:34 PM

Georgia freshman Jacob Eason thinks he could get the call to start in the season opener Saturday against North Carolina, according to his personal quarterback trainer who has worked with him since before his sophomore season at Lake Stevens High in Washington state.
“I was really frank about it, `What’s it looking like? Are you going to be the guy?’” Lavelle Durant said Sunday. “He goes, `I feel like I can be the guy. We’ll see what the coach’s decision is.'”
Eason has worked extensively with the first team in practice the past week and a half, including now that Georgia is gearing up for its first game.
If Eason didn’t get the nod, fifth-year senior Greyson Lambert is expected to be the choice.
“I can definitely see he has his head down and he’s getting after it and he’s grinding,” Durant said of Eason. “I asked him the other day, `What’s the scenario and the situation looking like?’ And he goes, `We’ll see.’ He says he feels ready, he’s getting after it, he feels comfortable. He says the coaching staff has done a good job with getting him comfortable and giving him the confidence he needs to have this year.”
Durant said he could envision a competition between Eason and Lambert continuing into the season--no matter who starts--with the quarterback who does a better job of leading the team ultimately being the one.
Coach Kirby Smart will make the quarterback decision after input from offensive coordinator Jim Chaney.
Smart hasn’t said if he will name a starting quarterback before Saturday, but should address the situation Monday when he holds his game week news conference.
Syncronex:
Metered

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.